ADVERTISEMENT

I love this season, even at 4-6

Horus.

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 13, 2015
It’s 4:46 am and I’m waking up to train some kids on the beach at 6:30 am. I wanted to write this last night, but needed to be responsible by going to bed at a reasonable time.

There have been a lot of pessimistic fans on this site this season, and I suppose it’s warranted on the record alone.

But by being so negative, I’m afraid you have cheated yourself out of watching a bunch of young men grow together, get better every quarter, every game. There has been zero quit out there, even when there have been several occasions where we could have stayed down after getting knocked on our ass.

As a coach, and player, you absolutely love to see your team never backing down, and never running from the fight, despite the odds being against them at times. This team has shown more heart than some of our better teams in the past who just out talented everyone on the field.

This is the team, the roster, that sets the standard and creates the culture in the locker room and on the field on what FSU football will be about when we’re back to winning games regularly in the future. As a coach, and a player, there’s nothing more satisfying to look at where you started as a program together, to where you end up in the future if you stay the course and continue to believe in yourselves, each other, and the process.

And this teams entire season has been leading up to this game, and that moment. Miami took all the momentum from us in the second half. They were doing whatever they wanted to us on both sides of the ball. They could have mentally checked on and realized that it just wasn’t their night.

But they didn’t, just like Rocky, they keep getting up, they keep getting back in their opponents face, and they keep throwing blows.

And that’s 200% coaching. Players will put it all on the line for a coach that they love and believe in. Miami might have had the talent advantage this season, but they didn’t have our heart, and our will to keep fighting.

Unfortunately, some of you are more happy miserable and pathetic, that you’re missing out on this and not appreciating the growth and what’s happening behind the scenes. You want instant gratification and results.

That’s not going to happen with the youngest team in P5 football. There’s going to be growing pains. The roster isn’t anywhere close to FSU standards in terms of talent and depth. We had to change our entire offensive philosophy on the fly to accommodate our offense personnel. Do you know how hard that is to do?

I love this team, I see the development every game, and how much better they’re getting. There are players developing, and getting more comfortable. This is the foundation for our program moving forward. I know it’s hard to have patience as a fan, but just imagine how good this team will be in 2023 if we’re already the youngest team in the country.

If you can’t see how much these kids are developing under Coach Norvell, how they put it all on the line for him, no matter the odds. And how they have done an amazing job coaching, despite doing it with one arm tied behind their backs at times. Then you’re truly missing out on the foundation for something special.

Just wait till these kids are Juniors and Seniors, and we’ve flipped the roster with recruiting, adding more talent and depth. Then you’re going to look back and appreciate this season that much more.

So chill out and exhale, trust the climb and the man leading these kids up that path, because when we get back to the top, the view will be that much greater.

Sorry for any typos or grammar fouls, typed this on my cell phone at 4:45 am

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News