ADVERTISEMENT

I need a little advice

egnole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2005
I believe I have tennis elbow and I can't get this thing better. Any advice from anyone that's had this?

Two choices, cortisone like Dr. said or 3-4 months with no tennis, or what ever caused the condition.

I, too, am having a helluva time with epicondylitis. Too much work with dumbbells/right grip after years of not doing it.

I have a velcro strap that I place just below the elbow that seems to help... It reduces the contractions that cause the pain.

If I wear it all day, it helps immensely. Otherwise, very minimally.

Reactions: egnole
elbow.jpg

You need to come around more often, and bring some more of the old posters who aren't around much with you.
Pretty sure that ship has sailed...and then was torpedoed by the WC powers that be.

I'm having surgery next month to repair a year in the extensor tendon in my left elbow..... here's what I can add,

Go to the Dr.
Dr will probably prescribe some anti inflamitory meds, take them.
Dr may also order some occupational therapy.
Dr may offer a cortisone shot, they didn't really work but for a couple of days for me.
If you don't go to the Dr,
Rest and ice.
Sometimes it will go away.
Also, the Velcro strap works somewhat.
I've been using a compression sleeve with support bands and that has helped better than the strap.
Hope this helps, good luck

Pretty sure that ship has sailed...and then was torpedoed by the WC powers that be.

Yea it does not take much to get your hand slapped around here anymore. Admittedly some of the crap from old needed cleaning up some but I think they went overboard and ran off some great posters. The TCCL is about as dead as this one is too.

Yea it does not take much to get your hand slapped around here anymore. Admittedly some of the crap from old needed cleaning up some but I think they went overboard and ran off some great posters. The TCCL is about as dead as this one is too.
What happened to both is a shame.

Never would have thought I'd see the day when some of the TCCL posters would leave, shocking.

For the record, I miss rank 'em, even the women had fun with it. That was back when people weren't so offended by everything.

Reactions: koolnole
What happened to both is a shame.

Never would have thought I'd see the day when some of the TCCL posters would leave, shocking.

For the record, I miss rank 'em, even the women had fun with it. That was back when people weren't so offended by everything.

I miss all the women who would post here. They brought a lot of "sassiness" to the board. We still have Goldie and she is great but she needs the others to help her reign over the LR. She does keep some of the idjits on the TC in line.

• Haha
Reactions: nynole1
I do get some pleasure knowing that one of the main culprits, apparently has a problem with tennis elbow

Reactions: nynole1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT