ADVERTISEMENT

I thought Ant-Man was a really good.

Bubbz

Star Player
Sep 6, 2009
Has anyone else seen it yet?

I thought it was funny, moved along well and I liked how they fit it into the universe.

Ant-Man was new to me, so I'm interested in knowing what fanboys think of the movie.

I watched it over the weekend and while expecting a dud found myself enjoying it. It seemed a lot of comic book fans were in the theater being the first weekend and you could hear them getting excited at several scenes and especially at the end.

Reactions: fsuksig
I'm not big into marvel/super hero movies. My son wanted to see it so we did. I really enjoyed it and will go see a sequel if they make one. The cast seemed to be perfect for their roles.

Reactions: HulaNole
Has anyone else seen it yet?

I thought it was funny, moved along well and I liked how they fit it into the universe.

Ant-Man was new to me, so I'm interested in knowing what fanboys think of the movie.

I see Ant-Man is going to be in the next Captain America movie next summer. Anxious to see Ant-Man. Just giving it a few weeks to let the crowds thin out.

The title itself sounds so corny that it will prevent me some seeing it.

The Bobs approve.

Officespace_530px.jpg

it was a seven, but Michael Peña was nine plus. Evangeline Lilly looks less Evangeline Lilly like, but I suspect she will look great as the Wasp.

VIzHkcAOs2H9CG_2_hd.jpg

I went with a friend who had her teenage grandkids with her. I think we liked it every bit as much as the kids. Paul Rudd does very well, the comedy is great and it keeps them from taking themselves too seriously and as someone else already said, Michael Pena is outstanding in his role. Plays it just right!

Just watched and thought it was great. Iike how they would occasionally pull back to life size perspective, kinda funny.

Paul Rudd was great, and in IMO was holding back on his comic-abilities. I see the Ant-Man movies only getting better moving forward.

Ant-Man goes back to the origins of Stan Lee's Marvel. Glad to see they had the guts to make it; it was great.

On a side note, I hope Fox doesn't ruin superheroes with its evil contract.

This was one of the truest comic book that happened to be a movie I've seen in a long while. To pull off a success like this with freaking Ant-Man is amazing. Rudd/McKay/Reed just elevated themselves with their writing and directing respectively.

This is what Snyder's grim Nolan rip off can't understand, you can make a movie with real emotion and seriousness while having fun and joy as well.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
This was one of the truest comic book that happened to be a movie I've seen in a long while. To pull off a success like this with freaking Ant-Man is amazing. Rudd/McKay/Reed just elevated themselves with their writing and directing respectively.

This is what Snyder's grim Nolan rip off can't understand, you can make a movie with real emotion and seriousness while having fun and joy as well.

That was almost exactly what I told a friend, "They pulled this off with ANT-MAN!"

It's essentially a comedy heist film with superheroes.

Well done Marvel.

Reactions: Bartdog
So, do you need to be familiar with the backstory at all? I would not mind seeing it but I never heard of Ant-man before.

So, do you need to be familiar with the backstory at all? I would not mind seeing it but I never heard of Ant-man before.

No, it's accessible to both nerd and novice groups. The comic book fans will geek out with a certain Hank Pym/Janet Van Dyne flashback scene.

There's also plenty of Easter eggs tying into Ifon Man 3 Mandarin, Avengers, Captain America Civil War, AND Doctor Strange.

No man, you'll enjoy without a backstory. Even a casual knowledge of the Marvel Universe will add to the experience.

Finally saw it today, thought it was pretty good. Couldn't help but think of "The Incredible Shrinking Man" or "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" a few times, but really enjoyed it. The fight scenes were really well done, loved the train!!
Ant Man's suit needs to have some weapons built in. Wonder if they'll give him the "Giant Man"
capability in the next movie. If you don't remember, in the comics he later gained the power to grow, along with an increase in strength. Seems he was about 12-15 feet tall.

Just caught a matinee and it was quite good. Not your stereotypical Marvel superhero movie but definitely worth a look. As another poster said, Ant-Man will fit well into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Finally saw it tonight. I love how each Marvel hero storyline has its own unique ways of making them likeable beyond the obvious super hero action movie reasons. The supporting cast in this is just outstanding, definitely a team effort.

Finally saw it tonight. I love how each Marvel hero storyline has its own unique ways of making them likeable beyond the obvious super hero action movie reasons. The supporting cast in this is just outstanding, definitely a team effort.

Caught a matinee today and thought it was quite good. Not as great as Guardians of the Galaxy, the Avengers, Captain America etc... But well worth mentioning it alongside those great films. I definitely liked it better than the last few DC movies and I'm sure miles better than the forthcoming Fantastic Four movie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT