ADVERTISEMENT

I was skeptical on the Norvell hire butt(but* lol)

simonfsu

Veteran Seminole Insider
Oct 17, 2010
After seeing his press conference and listening to the podcast a previous poster posted, I AM ABSOLUTELY IMPRESSED with the way he carries himself. It’s genuine, a word that’s been floated around from everyone that’s ran across him. Also sounds very intelligent in the way he articulates his vision and he has the ability do it in a passionate way where you just wanna run through a wall. He makes you feel strong passionate emotion. It’s absolutely infectious. The podcast is almost an hour long and I just kept listening and at a certain point I forgot I was listening to a coach but a commencement speech to Harvard graduates. Can’t forget the fact that his assistants love and want to work for him. Still not set but look at the guys he’s bringing or planning to bring in with Lanning(rumor only), Dillingham(reportedly hired), and Fuller(rumor only). Just the fact that his former employees are willing to make a lateral move or even a step down in title (Fuller from DC to position coach) says a lot about how people are loyal to him and wanna be around him and completely believe in his vision and what he brings to a team and a working atmosphere. Will he be good?? time will tell. But there isn’t any evidence that tells me he will fail. Doesn’t mean he won’t but we have a highly intelligent man leading our program who seems to know the work you need to put in to be successful.

not exact quote but this was from the podcast
While he was a GA he talked about this:

“I knew there were 24 hours in the day and I used every single one to soak in as much as I could so when the time came for them to ask a young GA for his input I was prepared.”

Here is the podcast that was posted earlier today and I can’t find the OP of it but thanks for posting that. You’ll become a better person if you listen:

https://insider.afca.com/inside-the-headset-mike-norvell-podcast/

sorry for the long post but I’m very excited to see this guy lead our program. Whether he fails or not I know one thing. This is a highly intelligent, genuine man and it’s so easy for me to get behind him. There are a lot of people who weren’t believers and very disappointed at the thought of this hire. I was one. He’s made a lot of people who weren’t just unsure, but against it, into strong believers. That takes a special man.

Go Noles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News