ADVERTISEMENT

Idiots on the road

Last edited:
SW Florida has the worst drivers I've ever seen (and I lived in Atlanta for 50 years, so that's saying something), and I dread when these octogenarians get a hold on this technologyj. Thankfully, they mostly go back home when season is over.

You could equip Ray Charles with autopilot and he would do a better job than most in south fl
This is the same as the fools that ride around with a phone in their faces. I saw one the other day with a cell phone mount attached to her steering wheel. I guess those tweets just cant wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Se Florida as bad or worse than sw

With all the foreigners and new hawkers it sucks pretty bad!

On i95 if we get rain ,holy crap the wrecks start immediately

Fan2u got smart and takes the train!

I am starting to see a lot of driverless cars around, which is still pretty cool. I saw a Release Candidate Cybertruck earlier this week with nobody in the driver’s seat, so it seems that Tesla is getting pretty close to a fully autonomous version of FSD autopilot.
It’s a trend that is still pretty unnerving to me, i will admit. 😳

The Florida Legislature has sent a bill over to the Governor’s desk banning left lane drivers on highways with at least two lanes in one direction with a posted speed limit of at least 65 mph (uh, the interstates).
So cruising along and blocking passing drivers should be reduced - hopefully.
Look for a rash of FHP cars and old men getting tickets on the roadside until the message gets out.
Now if they’d only do something about semis trying to pass other semis but only going 71 mph in the left lane while trying to do so and backing up traffic for half a mile.

The Florida Legislature has sent a bill over to the Governor’s desk banning left lane drivers on highways with at least two lanes in one direction with a posted speed limit of at least 65 mph (uh, the interstates).
So cruising along and blocking passing drivers should be reduced - hopefully.
Look for a rash of FHP cars and old men getting tickets on the roadside until the message gets out.
Now if they’d only do something about semis trying to pass other semis but only going 71 mph in the left lane while trying to do so and backing up traffic for half a mile.
i welcome this, but I wonder about the legality of it. Aren't interstate Federal highways? Can a state enforce laws on them?

i welcome this, but I wonder about the legality of it. Aren't interstate Federal highways? Can a state enforce laws on them?
If that were the case then I would think every ticket issued by FHP would be invalid if issued on an interstate - or 441 or 301, etc.

We already have laws like this. Left lane for passing only. Still need a cop around to see them.
This old man holds up no one, usually I'm the one in line being held up.
Fortunately we won't have speed cameras or speed limiters here in Texas. We got rid of the worthless red light cameras.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT