ADVERTISEMENT

If charges aren't dropped.

SchmidtyNole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2007
These charges against Dalvin Cook should be dropped immediately. They won't but I will be shocked if this ever makes it to trial. The reason I say that is because Dalvin Cook's attorney has the ace in the hole which is the possibility of a Civil Lawsuit.

Having said that, Willie Meggs is unpredictable. But my thought is a decent attorney would make the prosecution look bad in court just based on the 911 call alone. There are lots of problems there, namely:

1) The story described by the woman on the 911 call doesn't match what she told investigators. She said she was punched one time by 5-7 football players in the 911 call while she says she was punched repeatedly by Dalvin Cook to investigators.
2) About the first thing she said to the 911 caller is that she wanted to Press Charges. Not that she needed medical attention from a savage beating or even to tell the Dispatcher what happened. Pressing charges was one of the first things out of her mouth which calls into question her motives.
3) Her tone of voice. She comes across as a vengeful person rather than an innocent victim. She's so nonchalant about it that it doesn't come across like you would expect a victim to come across at all.

That is just the problem with the 911 call. There are other problems with the Prosecutions case including problems with IDing Cook on Social Media with the Father followed by a bogus photo lineup. Also the independent sober witness couldn't ID Cook or anybody in the lineup.

There are just lots of problems here and frankly I am surprised it isn't dropped already and if it goes all the way to trial it really calls into question Meggs's fairness and motives.

Any attorneys out there want to comment on Dalvin Cook's legal options after Trial assuming Meggs takes it all the way to trial and he is found not guilty with this kind of evidence?

Reactions: D-land Nolefan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News