ADVERTISEMENT

I'm in Denver - What to do

DanC78

Veteran Seminole Insider
Aug 29, 2003
i unexpectedly have a night in Denver tonight. I've never been.

Should I stay north, south, east, or West Denver.

Any particular place I should check out/ eat?

I'm a Marriott person and can't seem to find any of their marquee hotels downtown.

There is a Marriott downtown on California street. It's pretty expensive this time of year. I was there two weeks ago for work. If you like indian food, there is a brew pub called Yak & Yeti with great food and a good selection of beers. We also ate at Stuebens

Reactions: DanC78 and HulaNole
Man...they aren't kidding about all the legal pot. It's on every corner, almost as easy as buying beer.

I might indulge...hmmm :cool:

Man...they aren't kidding about all the legal pot. It's on every corner, almost as easy as buying beer.

35due4.jpg

Within the first 6 months we had more dispensaries than Starbucks. Lodo in Denver is the FSU gameday bar but looks like you were asking on Wednesday...

There is a Marriott downtown on California street. It's pretty expensive this time of year. I was there two weeks ago for work. If you like indian food, there is a brew pub called Yak & Yeti with great food and a good selection of beers. We also ate at Stuebens
Steuben's is a great pick. I ate there a few weeks ago and it was very good.

BBQ you say? Thats good, have you tried it? Any reviews? Its just 1.5 hours to drive north, rather watch from the house.....
Food is OK but they usually pack the house. It's a pretty active Seminole Club so they get a good turnout. I am only 30 minutes away but I too prefer to watch at the house. Only game I have seen there was Jameis' first against Pitt.

So all the dispensaries were closed. I was actually considering doing it, good thing they weren't open.

So Denver was great, reminded me a little of Portland and Austin.

One thing I was shocked about was how flat it was. I was expecting mountains and hills, not so much. Felt like I was in Oklahoma.

I'm in Salt Lake today, it looks more like what I thought Denver was going to look.

So all the dispensaries were closed. I was actually considering doing it, good thing they weren't open.

One thing I was shocked about was how flat it was. I was expecting mountains and hills, not so much. Felt like I was in Oklahoma.

I'm in Salt Lake today, it looks more like what I thought Denver was going to look.

Kind of the common misconception. The Rockies are a good 20-20 minutes west of Denver proper, whereas SLC is situated, literally, in a valley between the Wasatch and Oquirrh ranges.

Was in SLC the week after Father's Day last year, was a "dry" 108 and I was not a fan at all. The scenery of mountains (and some ladies) came close to making up for the weather. The fact that it was so hot where I was standing but I could still see snowcaps was somewhat neat for a Texas boy.

Reactions: DanC78 and cmanole
Hey Rambling boy
why don't you settle down
Denvers not your kind of town
There aint no gold
and there aint no one like Lizzy...

I was surprised when I went to Colorado Springs as well. While the city looked exactly like I pictured, as soon as you get maybe 2-5 miles outside of the city to the east and it was as flat as Miami.

Colorado Springs

Ah the memories

Went there when I was 18 to see a friend in the army

Was drunk one night and a frind of mine named Bobby wanted a tattoo

The tattooist was about 350 lbs and my friend wanted bobby on his arm

Well the whole time bobby was saying these crude fat jokes

Later that night he took the bandage off and then freaked

The guy in revenge spelled it Bobbie

Pretty friggin funny

So beware the 350 lb tat man while in csprings

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Kind of the common misconception. The Rockies are a good 20-20 minutes west of Denver proper, whereas SLC is situated, literally, in a valley between the Wasatch and Oquirrh ranges.

Was in SLC the week after Father's Day last year, was a "dry" 108 and I was not a fan at all. The scenery of mountains (and some ladies) came close to making up for the weather. The fact that it was so hot where I was standing but I could still see snowcaps was somewhat neat for a Texas boy.

Correct...except the folks were telling me 45-60 minutes.

So the women in Salt Lake look legit, that's for sure. They're all in tip top shape and dressed nice, but that is probably about as far as it goes, not looking super social.

But damn, they present well.

So the women in Salt Lake look legit, that's for sure. They're all in tip top shape and dressed nice, but that is probably about as far as it goes, not looking super social.

But damn, they present well.

And the number of them that are 20 with 2 or 3 kids. It is pretty stepford wife-ish in SLC. It is a beautiful valley, but they get inversion pretty bad. And it is happening more and more. I do prefer the location of SLC to Denver/COS but like the not mormon ways in Denver/SLC better.

Correct...except the folks were telling me 45-60 minutes.

Their sense of time out there is so amazingly warped. I have an office in Lakewood and the folks in that office, without fail, tell me I need to bail about 1.5-2 hours before my flight to get to DIA. About a dozen times up there and it has never taken me more than 25-30 minutes to get to DIA, shuttle from rental car place (beating) and thru security in roughly 15-20 minutes.

Denver proper to Lakewood is about 8-10 minutes, then double that to get to the foothills.

Reactions: DanC78
Man...Rockymtnole bailed on me, never heard from him.

I'm sure he remembered my Liz story after he posted and decided to play safe and bail.

Bar looks legit...but haven't heard back from my date, I'm down to 16% on phone battery, not looking good for a LR meet up :-/

He probably visited the dispensary earlier and did get past room service.

Reactions: DanC78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT