ADVERTISEMENT

Indicators when Stoops is Out

Jon_Reed

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 2, 2012
Streetsboro, Ohio
I chuckle at everyone and their rumors. Oh its this guy, or this guy, or wait...I heard its this guy. You narrow visioned folks, bless your hearts, try to piece 2 and 2 together and swear for your life you know this or know that.

Well if there is one thing I learned....not many people know anything. You should stop listening to them.

I'm here to help you out. I dont care if you believe me or not, but I know for certain...one of these if not all of these topics WILL happen if another coach is seriously being considered. Sorry for the long read but I think if you give me 15 minutes of your time, it will help you out tremendously.

Disclaimer: I am not a so called insider but I do recruit and hire for a profession. And no, not coaches of the collegiate level. I do deal with professionals on a daily basis and sometimes I see indirect signs when I know someone is honestly interested or not interested in a position.

So how do you know when Stoops is out? Here we go - look for these indicators:

#1. Chink in the armor. There are 6 to 10 (maybe more) folks on here that have a reputation of having some sort of a connection either within the FSU camp or the Bob Stoops camp. Most of these folks have a track record or history of knowing more then the average WC member. Sometimes they share info willingly. Sometimes they keep the info to themselves. It never fails however, that someone will call them out or not believe them. That's fine and your prerogative. Whatever the case, these same folks as of today are standing strong with what they know and are not letting up. I tend to believe the folks that are closely more connected with the Stoops camp like @freeman333_2005 but that is your choice. At this time and moment, ALL of these insiders are still doubling down and remaining strong that Stoops as the coach. Now if a few of these insiders start to hear bad news and start changing their opinion (the ol Chink in the Armor)...then would I start worrying. That isnt happening as of now.

#2. Are you really understanding what Dot is saying? Ok, lets be real...Dot shares what he can, when he can. That doesnt mean he is sharing everything. It's your job to understand what he truly means. To be honest, the last 4 or 5 updates have meant nothing to me. They should mean nothing to you either. As of now, Dot hasnt said anything to make me worry. Wait Jon, Dot just said this candidate is leading. Guess what? So what, that means nothing. Actually, I take it as he is just trying to calm everyone down and have us take a step back before everyone starts running their mouths everywhere that they heard it from Dot. Period. I need to hear something more to convince me otherwise. What is that? I need Dot to tell me he can confirm that an offer has been made to Coach X. I need to hear that FSU is have deep negotiations with Coach X. He said these two things about Bob Stoops in the early stages of this process and hasnt said it again. Call it a smoke screen or whatever you want. All these so called "leading" candidates, mean nothing. Dont take it to heart unless you know without doubt an offer has been extended to someone else.

#3 Are you really understanding what Dot is saying? Part 2 - After every update, one thing that is consistent is Dot doesnt completely shut out the fact that Stoops is being considered. He could close the door at anytime. He could confirm that FSU is no longer speaking with Stoops. Yes, he throws out bits and pieces about Stoops doesnt seem to be the leading candidate or he has heard that some sources doesnt think Bob is going to be our coach. Guess what? Ignore it. It means nothing. In addition, when he claims that Thrasher and Colburn spoke to "Coach X". So what...no big deal. Like I said in topic #2, its all fluff until he confirms another offer has been extended. Trust me, Dot will know if FSU extends an offer to someone else. Only then would I start to worry about Stoops.

#4. Where is all that buzz? No, not the beer buzz or the MJ buzz....I'm talking "Our new coach" Buzz! The same buzz that Stoops has had numerous times throughout this process. Not one other coach has been able to come close (matter of fact, no other coach had any buzz) like Stoops has had numerous times. In the media, on Twitter, News articles, Fan sites, heck....other fan bases that might be losing that coach. Its no where to be found about anyone but Bob Stoops. You will know, and somewhat feel, when another coach is starting to grab attention and traction to actually be our next coach. Therefore, things still look good for Bob Stoops. And no, Warchant members stating their opinion or "giving up" on Bob is not what I'm talking about. A handful of tweets from folks (attention grabbers) saying they heard "Coach X" is going to be the next coach at FSU means nothing. Along with the buzz, you will feel the excitement. There isnt any other coach out there that is receiving "excitement" at all...except Stoops.

#5. Listen to the man himself! Unless Bob Stoops comes out and SPECIFICALLY says he has no desire, does not want to (or something along those lines) coach college football or at FSU...things still look good for us. He has had numerous times to shut these "rumors" down but has FAILED to do so. That can only mean one thing....he is still interested OR he knows he will be coaching college football again. Therefore, unless he shuts it down himself publicly, he is still in strong contention to be our coach.

#6. Maybe timing ISNT everything? Some insiders are giving timelines as to when they expect things to go "public". Hey look, thats cool and fine but dont take everything so seriously. Yes, I know there is a so called big weekend for recruiting. I know that ESD is right around the corner. I know that our commits needs attention but dont worry. If the next coach is named tomorrow or next week...dont worry about it. Bob Stoops will announce he is going to be coach for FSU when he is ready and when ALL parties are ready. That includes the FSU Admin, Glenn Sugiyama/DHR, Bob Stoops, AND the XFL Renegades. Believe it or not the Renengades need to be ready to address the change as well. They also have say when this goes public.

#7. Perception isnt everything. This is more of addressing the perception then an indicator things are going south for FSU. It needs to be addressed so I will do that here. I know Bob Stoops is standing on the sidelines and coaching his team. I know he is going to attend an autograph session this weekend. Guess what? So what. He will remain a professional and represent his team until the time comes that a change is imminent. Just because he is doing all these things and showing up or making appearances for the Renegades, that means nothing or isnt a negative for FSU. And when the time comes, he will gather the team and break the news to them before it goes public. Its the proper thing to do and that could take place at any moment and on a dime. So please, stop believing we lost Stoops because he is simply doing his job with the Renegades.

#8 Class Dismissed!!!! I was debating adding this topic but figured I would mention it as a possible indicator. It might mean maybe our coaching search is changing plans/directions or it might mean nothing. So what is the indicator? Our recruiting class starts to tank. I have been impressed that this class has fairly remained committed. A commit or three was expected, but I expected many more and those never happened. In some sort of strange way, I think this recruiting class knows something and its helping them remain committed. What exactly? No idea, but its strange and pleasantly shocking. It might be general info or they might actually know who the candidates are (or should I say candidate? ;))

So those are my indicators that Stoops may not pan out. These are the signs I'm looking for to have me jump off the Stoops train. Until 1, 2 or all of these take place...I would still consider Stoops the next HC at FSU.

Maybe this will help settle everyone down. I hope because the bickering and in fighting going on here is getting ridiculous!

Another thing you need to remember, FSU is working with a firm that is all about misdirection and confusion. They are doing their job very well and that is why rumors are running everywhere. Its all by design and affecting every one of us. You need to learn how to weed out the crap and somewhat discover the truth. I hope this thread helps.

And yes, as you can tell, I am still strong on Stoops train because I have been doing my due diligence into why I feel that way. If I laid out all those reasons, I would take up three pages and hours of your time. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News