ADVERTISEMENT

Ingrown facial hair

angusnole

Contributor
Jan 15, 2003
They are getting bad the older I get. Anyone have any suggestions? I shave in the shower, with the grain, use high time bump stopper when finished. Have tried all variations of shave timing...every day to waiting a week between shaves. I am so tired of digging in my face with tweezers to get these effers out. Anyone have an answer? Thanks

I would get them all the time until I started using the shaving cream from Trader Joe's. It comes in an orange tube. It is great and I haven't had any ingrown hairs for probably 6 years from the stuff.

Real shaving cream and a badger brush. Use a real single blade razor as well.

I have used every razor, from a single blade, to the gillette 15 blade one, to disposable bics. Now have dollar shave club and have used their shave butter and post shave balm to no avail. I have a very tough, wiry and curly beard...no nice fuzzy one for me. Edge used to have a tough beards shaving cream that helped but i haven't seen that in a long time. Hopefully the trader joes works. If anyone else has any more advice I'm all ears. Thanks again

Beards are popular these days, buy some 'stache wax and move to a colder climate.

Are you black? It was always the black guys with the 'no shave' chits in the military.

The simplest solutions would probably be to either have your facial hair permanently removed using laser hair removal. Or don't shave, just grow it out. I suppose if you waxed it off instead of shaving that might help as well, although that might hurt a little bit.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Not black. I can't really grow it out because the hairs actually grow back into my face and it like steel wool when I kiss my wife or daughter.

Originally posted by angusnole:
Not black. I can't really grow it out because the hairs actually grow back into my face and it like steel wool when I kiss my wife or daughter.
Will they do laser hair removal on the face or would it cause way too much irritation?

I've heard they cannot laser your face because the hairs are too thick and close together - would just end up burning the skin.

Angus:

I have been using Tend Skin for about 10 years now and it has worked great for me. Make sure to get the roll on dispenser. You can find it on Amazon

Go to art of shaving and get the full set up. The ingrown hair cream and proper tweezer. when you pull the hair only expose it. Do not completely remove it.

Stop shaving in the shower. I had a tendency to overshave, go over the same shaved section too often. That led to a lot of ingrown hairs. Once I watched where I was shaving, I avoided that & don't have much issue anymore.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I agree with the posters above who mentioned products from the Art of Shaving. I have very sensitive skin and their products have helped tremendously.

Was going to pop in and mention AoS, but it looks like that front has been covered. I can't recommend their products enough. I went through roughly 10 post-shave products and never could fix my razor burn/irritation. Got their balm and have been using it for years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT