ADVERTISEMENT

ira / guys - article on NIL and what it is suppose to be vs what is happening

GvilleNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 31, 2001
So all of the talk of NIL over the years was for Winston and Johnnie manzel to cash in on their name. Good lookin kids with lot and I mean lots of personality

they had value .. honest to god value .. coke can pay them 1 million and make more than a million selling cokes. A car dealer could have an event and pay them and maybe 100s or a 1000 folks show ups to look at cars. They have value. now we even have kids that are fat, ugly, no personality that nobody every heard of that honestly very little value getting 1 million dollar as a recruit or the pitt player to transfer. This has nothing to do with NIL but as solely inducement to sign or to play. I would not be surprised if some hedge fund guys signs a kid and the kid NEVER does an ad for the guy. Basically he provide NO NIL value .. yet gets 1 million.

some of this is vague some of this is obvious. If you sell cars and you do not increase your sales or you sell only 10 more cars the kids aint worth 250,000. you got to sell a lot of cars to pay someone 250,000. this has not gone like we thought .. any thoughts and analyst would be appreciate. I assume the boosters, coaches, NCAA and ACC have all had this discussion. What was their thoughts? Even the SEC .. is vandy Ole miss Ark Mizz kent and gang all in on this? I have not seen this discussed but I assume I am not the only one that sees this?

NIL is suppose to be for their value .. good lord what is mims NIL ..would a second team OL sell a lot of cars in athens or do they want to at least see a starter? how many of us would go by a car it Kanaya Charlton was at the dealership .. of even go by and get his auto graph .. maybe when he is starting but now? Mims is not even a starter and he is going to get paid?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News