ADVERTISEMENT

Is the US Male Basketball Team out of the gold medal because of the loss today to France?

Can they lose a game and still win the gold medal? How is the overall scoring done? Please explain. Thanks.
I think they can technically still advance to the medal round if they win their bracket or whatever they call it but they lost to France! Doesn't seem like they have a realistic shot to do anything unless something changes drastically with this team. Seriously, France?!?!?

I think they can technically still advance to the medal round if they win their bracket or whatever they call it but they lost to France! Doesn't seem like they have a realistic shot to do anything unless something changes drastically with this team. Seriously, France?!?!?
Could you tell me where to go to find this information for more details? Thanks.

They could still win gold. They’re not even going to medal. France likely won’t medal either if you’re wondering where this team stands. I was comparing this team to the train wreck bronze medal team with Marbury and co. but looking at the rosters, that team was far super to this one. This is the first time in our lives that the top two players in the league were international guys and the NBA MVP is an international guy. The league seems to be 1/3rd foreign players and the up and coming American superstars just aren’t there to the level we’re used to. The international game is getting better. National pride has never been lower among NBA players. Unless something changes the US isn’t going to be the favorites in the next olympics or FIBA play.

They could still win gold. They’re not even going to medal. France likely won’t medal either if you’re wondering where this team stands. I was comparing this team to the train wreck bronze medal team with Marbury and co. but looking at the rosters, that team was far super to this one. This is the first time in our lives that the top two players in the league were international guys and the NBA MVP is an international guy. The league seems to be 1/3rd foreign players and the up and coming American superstars just aren’t there to the level we’re used to. The international game is getting better. National pride has never been lower among NBA players. Unless something changes the US isn’t going to be the favorites in the next olympics or FIBA play.
In addition when the U.S. player's only tactic is to play for the foul that the international referees will never call then you get exposed as a player that can only dunk or shoot a 3-pointer with no defensive skills. France steam rolled them by exploiting their lack of interior defense with a larger line-up.

In addition when the U.S. player's only tactic is to play for the foul that the international referees will never call then you get exposed as a player that can only dunk or shoot a 3-pointer with no defensive skills. France steam rolled them by exploiting their lack of interior defense with a larger line-up.
The complete lack of post and midrange really becomes evident in international play. Our guys don’t create them well or make them at a high enough %. The best players in the league used to absolutely chew you up from one of the other if not both. Guys like Kawhi and KD who are big time mid range players are an anomaly now. It’s much easier to guard a guy who is passing or try to go all the way(or use a floater) once he puts it on the floor. Obviously that’s not the only issue with today’s players but it’s the most glaring to me. That, and getting bothered by slight contact. Once players stopped having the goal of scoring and started trying to get fouled the game started going downhill. Metrics have turned 3/4 of the league into copy and paste guys

Reactions: Oceola123
They def stepped it up from their slow start. Glad they got it together finally & brought another gold home. 🏅
Far from the most talented team we’ve sent to the Olympics, but never underestimate Pop….he’s unbelievable. KD elevated everyone as well…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT