ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a bad day to be Jussie Smollett

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a tragedy that as polarized as people in this nation are, instead of trying to build a bridge… some folks just want to incinerate it. The arrogance of people and their insatiable lusts for attention take away from others who have a real crime to report, or something worthy of being praised.

He should be billed for all the hours the city spent on this.
Someone may have already said this but the hundreds of hours spent on this investigating could or should have been spent working for actual victims..

I did pay attention to the story at the beginning because I'm a Power guy not an Empire guy, so I have no idea who Jussie is. But anyone that files a false police report needs to have some serious punishments heading their way. I am actually not sure there are penalties everywhere in the US.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
The apology should be epic. I wonder if his lawyers actually thins he can beat this?

Scary....same page...a lot.

Agreed x 1000

I can at least understand the celebrities, they are emotive professionals.

The Yale/Harvard etc lawyer/politicians (both sides) that feel the need to comment on whatever the wind blows up make me sick. If I was that haphazard with my professional opinions the State of Fl would rescind my license in a minute

Just thinking about the interviews he gave makes me cringe, AND I do believe if 2 innocent individuals had been picked up he would easily let them take the fall. Quite frankly he is a total piece of narcissistic crap and I hope things keep heading on a downward trend for him.
I thought the chief of police did a admirable job of walking the line between total contempt for both Jussie and national media and using the pulpit for true racism and bigotry for victims.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Just thinking about the interviews he gave makes me cringe, AND I do believe if 2 innocent individuals had been picked up he would easily let them take the fall. Quite frankly he is a total piece of narcissistic crap and I hope things keep heading on a downward trend for him.
I thought the chief of police did a admirable job of walking the line between total contempt for both Jussie and national media and using the pulpit for true racism and bigotry for victims.
True...if a couple of guys happened to be walking home from a bar in that area at that time...maybe drunk...the police are looking for two men...it could be a bad time for them.

Reactions: twins4bpyle
Not sure how you guys can roast this guy and not roast ALL liars. It's funny to me how the public picks and chooses who is guilty and who is above guilt...

Is Smollett still sticking to his story that he was attacked?
Yes

Went to court yesterday

He was not required to appear, but a representative for the actor told NBC News that Smollett chose to do so “to show confidence in his innocence.”

"We welcome cameras in the courtroom so that the public and the media can see the actual evidence and what we believe is actually going to be the lack of evidence against Mr. Smollett," Glandian said. "And we look forward to complete transparency and the truth coming out."

Reactions: Nole Daddy
Yes

Went to court yesterday

He was not required to appear, but a representative for the actor told NBC News that Smollett chose to do so “to show confidence in his innocence.”

"We welcome cameras in the courtroom so that the public and the media can see the actual evidence and what we believe is actually going to be the lack of evidence against Mr. Smollett," Glandian said. "And we look forward to complete transparency and the truth coming out."
Dig that hole deeper

Trying to fight this in the court of public opinion....and sadly, it will work for a LOT of people.
Anybody that supports this guy is clueless. He tried to divide people and needs to learn a lesson.

In other news, he also tried to make water wet. What lesson can and will he learn by being sent to
prison?
Not to make things up is the first thing that comes to mind. What do you think should happen? Give him a medal? Slap on the wrist? Fine him? What do you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: nynole1
Not to make things up is the first thing that comes to mind. What do you think should happen? Give him a medal? Slap on the wrisy? Fine him? What do you think?
He isn't even man enough to come clean, just makes it that much worse. I hope they throw the book at him.

Last edited:
Not to make things up is the first thing that comes to mind. What do you think should happen? Give him a medal? Slap on the wrist? Fine him? What do you think?
I don’t know what should happen to him. He has yet to be convicted of anything at all. I think he would benefit from being mandated to undergo a psychological evaluation followed probably by a course of regular psychotherapy. If he is convicted of making a false report, then I think he should pay restitution to the city for the cost of the investigation.

I definitely do not think that he should be imprisoned. Prison, as it is currently implemented in the United States, is utterly barbaric and deeply destructive to every aspect of society. It causes far more harm and division than anything Smollett may have done.

Reactions: timenole
I don’t know what should happen to him. He has yet to be convicted of anything at all. I think he would benefit from being mandated to undergo a psychological evaluation followed probably by a course of regular psychotherapy. If he is convicted of making a false report, then I think he should pay restitution to the city for the cost of the investigation.

I definitely do not think that he should be imprisoned. Prison, as it is currently implemented in the United States, is utterly barbaric and deeply destructive to every aspect of society. It causes far more harm and division than anything Smollett may have done.
I believe if convicted he should do some time. 6 months to a year.

Last edited:
Just a complete wannabe loser who's not happy making $100,000 per episode. Send him to Sing Sing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goldmom
5CyT_6.gif

It was a great day for Jussie. And he also made the whole thing up.

He's still under investigation by the FBI for mail fraud which carry far longer mandatory sentences from the Feds. The game isn't over yet for this complete scumbag.

Reactions: Nole Daddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT