ADVERTISEMENT

I've never been to a game in the Swamp

I was thinking about going up, but now that it's a 730 game, I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of trying to find a place to sleep. I'd hang out with you.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I was thinking about going up, but now that it's a 730 game, I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of trying to find a place to sleep. I'd hang out with you.

Do it! Lol. Thanks Free. I'd hang with you as well. And if anything ever got out of hand, you can rest assured I can take care of myself. Ha!

I've gone a few times its a blast - nice stadium, you get the full campus experience, strange and exotic like going to a foreign country yet close to the safety of home.

I see the cheap seats on Stubhub are up over $100, too bad I'm out.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I've been to every Gator/FSU game since 1969, including the bowl games, and I can tell you games at the Swamp are horrible--if the Gates win. They are the worst fan base in America, bar none,when they win...and even worse when they lose. And the Swamp is aptly named. Only Grant Field is worse--filthy, overflowing bathrooms every time I've been there. Games like this bring out the worst in these people, and they are intolerable if winners. Yet, I go back, again and again and again, because....it's worth the occasional misery to rub their noses in it when we win. Which makes me just as low-rent as they are, but I don't care.

You guys are harsh but experience don't lie.

This time around it'll be a night game a couple of days after a full moon so the locals will be extra obnoxious their egos highly volatile.

Do it! Lol. Thanks Free. I'd hang with you as well. And if anything ever got out of hand, you can rest assured I can take care of myself. Ha!
And i'd hang with both of you chuckers. Can't make it this year. But have in the past. Have given and taken....liberally....and came out all right. I've been stewed in the middle of a huge lizard bar after a loss and was OK. Just ask TC. There are boneheads but if you stand your ground you're all right. People don't want to admit it but while they have some world class asses....most of them (like us) could have easily been at the other school. just like their/our players

Being around that many inbred gates can have a negative impact on your IQ rating. Most of the time the effects are temporary. Reading anything above a 5th grade level should reverse it. Of course you'll have to wait until you get home since you won't find any books in gainesville up to that level.

Ok. That's;

BHG=6 saying possibly volatile inbred hicks
and

People going=0

Anyone else?

Well a friend of my wife's that I know was attacked by a Gator in Hogtown and was beaten into unconsciousness and a broken jaw by a couple of Gators tagteaming him out of the blue. I do think that it was at a baseball super regional and not a "foozeball" game but it's the same %*%*y fans.

One thing to definitely be aware of is the redneck cops double standard of laws. It's a misdemeanour there to drink in the open, but they'll pass by Gator tailgate after Gator tailgate with drunk rednecks falling over from their Natty lights just to hand a citation to one Seminole sipping chardonnay. That is absolutely not a joke but something I've personally seen happen for decades. So act like you're a black man in 1960s Alabama and act super-respectful and obey all laws even stupid ones that don't apply to them because those rednecks and their hick cops ARE out to get you.

BHG isn't anywhere near a swamp. It's a stupid, inappropriate nickname for a complete dump of a stadium, filled with inbred sister-humpers.

I've been before. Trust me, you're not missing anything.
This! Don't waste your time there.

Reactions: goldmom
Games there are ok at the best, once you get past the smell. They have never been gracious in winning, much less in defeat. Go it's, it's well it's entertaining to say the least. DO NOT expect a warm welcome and watch your back on the way out. Those boys and girls will not be happy about their season being blown up in one little game. They can get ugly (well most have been ugly since day one, but that's another thread).

With all that said if you have never been and witnessed this rivalry first hand, go. Win or loose it WILL make you PROUD you are a Nole, and oh so happy you are not one of them. Especially in this the season of Thanks. Have fun and hurry home to the shower!

One thing to definitely be aware of is the redneck cops double standard of laws. It's a misdemeanour there to drink in the open, but they'll pass by Gator tailgate after Gator tailgate with drunk rednecks falling over from their Natty lights just to hand a citation to one Seminole sipping chardonnay. That is absolutely not a joke but something I've personally seen happen for decades. So act like you're a black man in 1960s Alabama and act super-respectful and obey all laws even stupid ones that don't apply to them because those rednecks and their hick cops ARE out to get you.
THIS is absolutely true. If you tailgate on private property don't step ONE FOOT on the road with a beer in hand. My lizard cousin owns a rental home there near the stadium,where we have parked. We've always been told 'Stay in the yard." and have seen the popo trolling for revenue of the seminole kind.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I've been to every Gator/FSU game since 1969, including the bowl games, and I can tell you games at the Swamp are horrible--if the Gates win. They are the worst fan base in America, bar none,when they win...and even worse when they lose. And the Swamp is aptly named. Only Grant Field is worse--filthy, overflowing bathrooms every time I've been there. Games like this bring out the worst in these people, and they are intolerable if winners. Yet, I go back, again and again and again, because....it's worth the occasional misery to rub their noses in it when we win. Which makes me just as low-rent as they are, but I don't care.

Well said, i agree with everything except Grant Field. UF is far far worse.

the one nice thing about the Swamp is that someone usually places plastic gators in the mens' urinal trough so you have something to aim at. not sure if you can take advantage of that, though, Tarpon.

if you have anything FSU on your car, expect it to be stolen or your car vandalized. even something permanent like a license plate.

I've been in 99, 11, and 13.

1999 I was twelve and got Mf'ed after the game by some drunk college student.
2011 nothing happened except being heckled by two native Alachuan's in natty light cowboy hats.
2013 they just kept screaming triple option and lying in the fetal position.

To be fair, my wife, a seminole fan, got heckled for sitting at the last UF game I went to here by some drunk FSU fan. We can be just as obnoxious in these games. Drinking and college passion tend to pull the classlessness to the forefront.

I've never been either. I have watched FSU UF games from outside the stadium, but not in.

And for the record, I would totally watch games with you! I would invite you over for the game but we'll be out of town.

Been to many FSU-uf games at BHG...glad I did but just not planning on going for awhile.

For me it just wasn't fun. I know I am "older", but being in a situation where you actually are worried about a violent or at the least verbally abusive situation became un appealing to me.

Well said, i agree with everything except Grant Field. UF is far far worse.

the one nice thing about the Swamp is that someone usually places plastic gators in the mens' urinal trough so you have something to aim at. not sure if you can take advantage of that, though, Tarpon.

if you have anything FSU on your car, expect it to be stolen or your car vandalized. even something permanent like a license plate.
I put rubber gators with spears thru them in the urinals every time we play them at Doak or BHG....glad someone appreciates my effort.

Tarpon, I am on the fence for going from Orlando area. Looking for tix as of now.

I put rubber gators with spears thru them in the urinals every time we play them at Doak or BHG....glad someone appreciates my effort.

yes, thank you very much.

p.s. my last time at the Swamp was 2003 also. Took my dad, who was 79 at the time. May have been my best game ever.

images

Just like life, it's what you make of it. Always had fun....

p1010477copy.jpg

#BALLS #Ken'sknockoff

Sat on the 35 yard line in the UF Dental fraternity section for this game. Dunn caught the ball right in front of us. Best game moment ever. Crowd noise went from four jumbo jets to being able to hear a pin drop in about five seconds flat.

Last edited:
I've had ice thrown into my face... by a girl. I've had guys jump in front of me yelling. I've been called a "dumbass."

But 2013 was very nice. We owned that damn place.

Truer words have never been written. Kicked in fender, keyed paint job, questionable liquids tossed on car......

I have been 3 times, the past 3 times we played there. Once I went for a UF vs Middle Tennessee State game in the early 90s, but don't think that counts. I parked in the Bull Gator tailgate area, with my Seminole plate, Seminole gear on and NEVER EVER had an issue. Maybe because I am a female, I do not know but you should be safe. I had a blast and would go back in a heartbeat. I actually thought the stadium was pretty nice and the food was good, for stadium food. Below is a picture after a few too many jello shots, I could barely stand up. :)

1451543_10201969445693669_972401397_n.jpg

@NoleFan2U Do you remember seeing an Oakley tent behind you and to the right of that picture? I tailgate with that group. Never had issues but I'm with a large group of gator fans including my wife.

I have been 3 times, the past 3 times we played there. Once I went for a UF vs Middle Tennessee State game in the early 90s, but don't think that counts. I parked in the Bull Gator tailgate area, with my Seminole plate, Seminole gear on and NEVER EVER had an issue. Maybe because I am a female, I do not know but you should be safe. I had a blast and would go back in a heartbeat. I actually thought the stadium was pretty nice and the food was good, for stadium food. Below is a picture after a few too many jello shots, I could barely stand up. :)

Looks like it was a good time! Not certain at all if I'm going now. Something came up late last night that most likely will prevent me from even trying to attend.
So, I'll just go somewhere to watch the game. :)

I've been several times, including sitting in the UF student section while in high school. Never had an issue. It's a nice stadium and the tailgating atmosphere is pretty cool (not as good as Doak's, though).

Probably nobody messed with you because of your MMA-style fighting gloves. :mad:

I went to the Rix to PK Sam game in 2003 and it was amazing and probably the last time I attend a game there. Probably the worst fan base I've ever dealt with at an away game.

If you are with Gators of course you will most likely not get messed with. If you are just with Noles then chances are you will. This happens everywhere but Gators take it up another level. I've seen 60-70 yr old men yell at kids for doing the chop outside the stadium. Luckily, most Gators are softer then baby skin. My first trip there, Rix to PK, we had our gator with a spear through it stolen by a group of 40 yr olds because they were sad about losing. After 5 mins of harassment they gave us $15 for our troubles for some reason. Second time, a group of students stole our FSU flag. That guy wound up in a trash can before the game started. So while they can be harsh crybabies, they are easily defeated.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I've been there a bunch of times particularly during the lost decade. Our group had both Gator and Nole fans, so I guess we got lucky because we were heckled in a nasty manner. Plenty of friendly ribbing going around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT