ADVERTISEMENT

Jim and Milts Closing

My son just called and told me. I used to joke that they were going to start charging him rent because he goes there so much. This is the first place I ate the first time that I visited Tally and the last place I ate a couple of weekends ago with my son. We are both very sad. Looks like it closes the 28th

Can someone report that it’s closing and why and if it’s permanent.

Our large group would always go there Sunday morning for breakfast after game weekends. Lots of great memories, very sad to see it close.

Reactions: Nolesmac1
Love Jim&Milts, comfort food at it’s finest. It is a landmark, no way can it close. Why now? They survived COVID and people are eating out again.

Reactions: bigeasynole
I remember when Mom and Dads closed. ( Now it’s a used car lot.) Now Jim and Milts.
Why not sell it ? You could never have better goodwill.

Who remembers in 1975 or 76 when an armed ex-boyfriend kidnapped a waitress there while in a cab?
My Buddy was there when it happened. The police chased the taxi a long time and ended up killing the boyfriend. No one else was harmed.

Love Jim&Milts, comfort food at it’s finest. It is a landmark, no way can it close. Why now? They survived COVID and people are eating out again.
The whole hospitality industry is being crushed by the lack of workers. It’s going to get much worse before it gets better. If it ever rebounds.

Damn. I loved that place. .

Anything with a side of brunswick
That was the one restaurant I had to go to whenever in Tally, and when I was a student. Don;t know if it changed ownership over the years, but I was a business associate of the owner's brother, who I did business with in FLL in the early 80's. The owner was a stud Miami HS football player in High School in the 60's.

I'm going to miss that place. Sad news indeed...

Forget the food, which in my mind was fine, how about the $1.75 pitchers all day, every day. Come on, that place is iconic. Just told my freshman daughter she needs to go there before they close.

The whole hospitality industry is being crushed by the lack of workers. It’s going to get much worse before it gets better. If it ever rebounds.
It seems like the local home grown restaurants are taking the worst hit - first the onset of covid crippled their revenue, then they burned through any capital reserve, now they can't find workers and product delivery is problematic. As a topper their buildings tend to be obsolete and maintainence deferred.

So after a lifetime of hard hard work the owners are being left with nothing and the public relegated to national chains which acquire the good locations and escalate prices for food that makes soylent green look tasty.

But you know all of that I'm just feeling sad. 😣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT