ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh

I've never seen someone just bail on an interview like that. LOL

Why even agree to the interview if you're not going to say anything?

Cowherd ended the conversation. So Harbaugh isn't a chatty Cathy, so what.

He is a jerk though.

Complete tactical move by Harbaugh. Piss off one of the big personalities at ESPN and he'll never be asked to be interviewed again. It also creates a "us vs them (media)" mentality with him and the players.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Complete tactical move by Harbaugh. Piss off one of the big personalities at ESPN and he'll never be asked to be interviewed again. It also creates a "us vs them (media)" mentality with him and the players.

Nah, the dude is a jerk.

Probably was scheduled by the athletic department way back when, or maybe by his agent. Kind of like how your wife asks you to do something 8 months in advance, and you agree, because it is so far away, so you forget, but when it actually comes up and you have to do it, you're absolutely disgusted you have to, and it annoys you even more when your wife says 'But I told you about it back in...'

Reactions: goldmom
Of course but he's a different dude in front of players (for the most part) then he is w/ suits and the media.

Not according to the 49ers, where his act got old. The players were ready to run him out of town according to most reports. College is a bit different- we will see.

Not according to the 49ers, where his act got old. The players were ready to run him out of town according to most reports. College is a bit different- we will see.

As a pseudo 49ers fan (grew up there and it was my first football game I attended back in the Montana/Rice era), have to be careful w/ what the suits are saying about Harbaugh. A lot of the players wanted him back and a lot of the players that quit or signed with other teams would have stayed if Harbaugh was retained. There was also an issue w/ no support from the GM and owner so it trickles down to some of the pain in the asses that are on the team.

I agree, his act gets old w/ men/pros but he got results and players signed extensions and stuck around b/c of the results. He butted heads w/ the GM and it created a contentious environment where certain types of players undermined Harbaugh to the front office. It then created an issue w/ other coaches vying for the head coaching job.

I always thought his schtick was a better fit for college b/c the players are cycled through every few years but just like in San Francisco, he needs to win.

As a LA/El Segundo Raider fan (because only the rich kids in Bako supported the 49ers and that fancy boy Joe Montana), I think the whole team, fancy new stadium--with its sushi and latte bar---Harbaugh, Ed DeBartolo and his brother-in-law can break off and float out into the bay. Wish I can be there when the implode Candlestick (if it hasn't happened already) so I can pee on its remains.

That being said -- just going off what I see in the headlines. Maybe they did like him. He was better than Singletary- but Kapernick regressed last year.

As a LA/El Segundo Raider fan (because only the rich kids in Bako supported the 49ers and that fancy boy Joe Montana), I think the whole team, fancy new stadium--with its sushi and latte bar---Harbaugh, Ed DeBartolo and his brother-in-law can break off and float out into the bay. Wish I can be there when the implode Candlestick (if it hasn't happened already) so I can pee on its remains.

That being said -- just going off what I see in the headlines. Maybe they did like him. He was better than Singletary- but Kapernick regressed last year.

Found memories of Candlestick and Will Clark and now I get to watch one of my favorite Noles suit up for the Giants and be crazy successful.

I think you'll get your wish this season, the 49ers will fall back into the Mike Nolan and Singletary era of awfulness and the fancy new stadium built on dead bodies will go unfilled with huge loss in revenue. I think the dark ages of the Bay are upon them.

As far as Kapernick goes, he regressed b/c he's an average (at best) QB throwing the ball. Lacks any type of touch passing ability and has ZERO knack for basic football concepts - down and distance (hey a_hole why are you running out of bounds behind the LOS on 3rd down?), he bicep kisser it's a pass to the RB out in the flat why are you throwing a 100mph fast ball at him?

Haven't like five 49ers retired really early and/or out of the blue this offseason? Has to be some kind of indication about the culture of the franchise.

And Kap regressed because he sucks, not because of anything Harbaugh did/didn't do, IMO.

This was definitely by design by Harbaugh. IMO, he has a beef with Cowherd.. Don't blame him really as the way he has treated FSU and Winston.

Reactions: goldmom
Love Harbaugh and I am glad he is in the Big Ten to go head-to-head with Urban. He's a great coach and he probably was forced to do the interview. Kids don't care about Colin Cowherd. I would take him here in a second if Jimbo left.

Pretty sure Candlestick is already gone.
It is. I drove through there to get to the airport a couple of weeks ago and it looked like most of it had been torn down.

I was always a Niners and Raiders fan. Excited that Ponder is with the Raiders now. Maybe he will get a shot at playing.

Eh, Colin definitely made it sound worse than that on his show later. Harbaugh is a terrible interview. Ok, he's not hired to do radio interviews. He's hired to get kids and win football games. He's always seemed to be uncomfortable in the limelight, but very good on the sidelines. I don't think he's a jerk, just not a good interview. Some people are great at the game, others are terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT