ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo is not a top coach

NOLEStew

Seminole Insider
Jan 24, 2014
You can post all the stats you want and record of 30 and blah blah blah or whatever, but he just makes terrible decisions and runs a terrible offense. Our one good offense was 2013 that was one of it not the most stacked team in college football history. Any major college football coach wins the National Championship with that team and blows out Auburn because no one else would allow the other team to know our plays for over 2 quarters like Jimbo did.

Jimbo brought in Golson to be the starter period! He 100% promised him he would be the starter for game one. I'm sure he told him something along the lines of it would be his job to keep it from that point on. Golson did nothing to lose the job, but for the biggest game of the season, which we know before the season started would be the biggest and most important game of the season Jimbo decides to start a backup QB that had 2 scholarship offers to his name and has only started 2 games in 3 years that were both the result of the starter being injured.

I questioned Jimbo's decision to start a QB that he didn't have confidence that said QB could lead this team, but if Jimbo was willing to open the playbook and throw more vertical passes like he finally decided to do against Syracuse I was ok with that decision. But Maguire played terrible in the first half. His performance showed he should not start the second half. Jimbo should have 100% gone into this game with the game plan to switch QBs at some point if Maguire was struggling. It should have definitely came at the start of the 2nd half, but I guess Jimbo thought Maguire deserved one more series. Maguire then proceeds to have his worst drive of the entire game and there is absolutely no way Maguire should have played another snap after that drive.

Moving on from this point Jimbo has absolutely no reason to play Golson and if he does it will just be him admitting how stupid and how much of a mistake it was to play the backup QB in the biggest game of the year, whom he didn't have any confidence in getting the job done before the season even started. This was a completely wasted season. Jimbo should have never brought in Golson and should have had an open competition between Maguire and Francois.

We now know for a fact that Maguire will never be a capable QB for Florida State, even though it should have been known from the very beginning when the guy had 2 scholarship offers to his name. And let me just make it clear that I have nothing personal against Sean and it's not his fault that he isn't good enough to be a majorD1 college QB. It is Jimbo's fault for putting our team in this position and it's baffling that he thought any of the decisions he's made this year and I'm sure he'll never admit it since he's such an egomaniac.

It will be interesting to see what happens from here. I'd be willing to bet Jimbo will start Golson the rest of the season because Jimbo loves to make the wrong decision. I know so many of you guys think he's a football genius and coaching god and will just bash me with insults and give me all Jimbo's glorious stats, but the bottom line is Jimbo has proven is not a good OC time and time again and we will never reach our full potential again until there is a change in who runs and calls plays for our offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News