ADVERTISEMENT

Just got in from the game... Few thoughts... (

manleynumber1nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 5, 2010
First and foremost I'm extremely proud of how hard hard our guys fought today. Defense was great until the very end. Our guys were in a VERY hostile environment and did well beyond what I truly ever expected.
Let me say that I think Jimbo is a good coach and we are really lucky to have landed him to replace a legend. I'm so thankful for him bringing this program from the ashes and making us relevant again. However, I'm starting to believe the so called "unthinkable" and what a few other posters have alluded to when saying that maybe, just maybe Jameis made Jimbo more than Jimbo has made this program. I understand that I may get trashed here but outside of 2013 this team hasn't been dominant one time outside of a couple mismatched games. At least not on a consistent basis. I'm sorry but I can't help but notice teams like the Alabama program... They are consistent winners and even against top notch teams ranked in the top 10. Sure they lose a game here and there but they are ALWAYS in the mix. It just gets on my nerves so much that we can't simplify things on offense to get our playmakers more involved instead of making them wait so long because it takes them forever to pick up this offense. It's the same old song and dance at every Jimbo press conference. It's like a skipping CD that just keeps repeating itself over and over. My question is... If he knows what needs to change then damn it change it instead of continuing to be stubborn and bullheaded. clemson is not that great of a program... Yes they are #1 but they are frauds and it'll show in the playoffs. I would bet just about anything that if Bama were in clemson they would have rolled them up pretty good without batting an eye. I'm just wondering how much longer Jimbo will go before he swallows his pride and hires an OC that will actually calls the plays? How long before he realizes that he can't run EVERYTHING? Does he finally realize this before its too late? Again not trying to bash Jimbo at all as I'm thankful for him and I realize it could be a lot worse. Bottom line... Changes need to be made.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News