ADVERTISEMENT

Just watch Peach Bowl replay ...

jetnole

Star Player
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I went to the Peach Bowl in Atlanta. I was so sick about the poor showing, that once I got home I couldn't watch the replay (until now --- March)). Not trying to hate on Kelly (seems like a great person) .... but its worse than I thought. The Defense was repeatedly misaligned and rarely accounted for the QB. Recall late in the game when they put in their (deep) backup QB and he made several 3rd and 4th down conversions running freely --- eventually to the endzone to put the game away. We were befuddled and out of position on defense all day .... yet had a month to prepare.

I want to believe and trust Jimbo's confidence in Kelly, but I just don't see it. For all you who want to point the finger at SHM, pls don't go there; it was the OL getting slapped around all day ... even DC could rarely get back to the line of scrimmage. I can live with the Offense having an off-day. But not defense.

I want to put that game behind me (thankfully the team has) .... but I'm not sure about the Defensive coaching and the basics/fundamentals. I'm concerned about Ole Miss to start the season ... we have stellar defensive talent again, but questionable defensive coaching. Weapons release .... .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News