ADVERTISEMENT

Justified Finale

AdNole

Contributor
Sep 2, 2003
I really, really hate to see this show go but glad they are leaving before they wear out their welcome. Curious to see how they wrap this up. Looking forward to seeing Raylan outdraw Boon.

Definitely sad to see it go, but looking forward to starting all over on season 1 as soon as it ends.

I couldn't understand what Boyd/Givens said to each other during closing scene? Also, did Wynn get the money or help Ava escape?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Boyd asked why he was getting a personal visit to get the "news". He then guessed it was because they had both mined coal together before their lives went different directions.

Originally posted by Finance85:
Boyd asked why he was getting a personal visit to get the "news". He then guessed it was because they had both mined coal together before their lives went different directions.

Thanks, I just caught up and backed it up 3 times to try to understand what they said.
Makes sense now

Didn't get to watch on Tuesday night but made time last night. Satisfying ending and certainly left it open for future projects with the main characters. Read an interview with Graham Yost this morning and it was interesting to hear his perspective on how and why they wrapped up things the way they did. Guess Boon should have taken his own advice about the dangers of going for the head shot. I need to find something new to watch as this was the only thing currently on TV that I could not miss.

I loved this show although I did think it lost some of its momentum over the last couple of seasons. Glad to see that they brought it to an end but will miss the two lead characters.

The final scene where they talked about being coal miners brought everything full circle and reminds the viewers how important family/community ties were to that community and that show. It was the central theme to the entire series and is really a throwback to a time when more of the country behaved this way.

FYI, Raylon didnt outdraw, he was actually slower and got lucky.

Originally posted by KevNole:

Thanks, I just caught up and backed it up 3 times to try to understand what they said.
Makes sense now
The only thing that really separated Raylon and Boyd, was the law. they kinda and a mutual respect imo

Originally posted by NoleInBama:

Originally posted by KevNole:

Makes sense now
The only thing that really separated Raylon and Boyd, was the law. they kinda and a mutual respect imo
I am not sure that I would use the word respect, more like kinship.

Originally posted by nynole1:
I loved this show although I did think it lost some of its momentum over the last couple of seasons. Glad to see that they brought it to an end but will miss the two lead characters.

The final scene where they talked about being coal miners brought everything full circle and reminds the viewers how important family/community ties were to that community and that show. It was the central theme to the entire series and is really a throwback to a time when more of the country behaved this way.

Agree with everything, except the last sentence. Raylon took a better shot and got lucky.

Originally posted by nynole1:

Agree with everything, except the last sentence. Raylon took a better shot and got lucky.
I should have been more clear: the other guy drew faster but Raylon made the better shot.

Originally posted by AdNole:
Didn't get to watch on Tuesday night but made time last night. Satisfying ending and certainly left it open for future projects with the main characters. Read an interview with Graham Yost this morning and it was interesting to hear his perspective on how and why they wrapped up things the way they did. Guess Boon should have taken his own advice about the dangers of going for the head shot. I need to find something new to watch as this was the only thing currently on TV that I could not miss.
Would love to read the article/interview you mentioned.
I was a bit disappointed that all 3 of the main characters survived...a bit too much of a "happy" ending, given the general tenor of the show...but, as you wrote, it does leave the door wide open for future projects...wouldn't mind that at all

Here ya go.
Originally posted by OHNole43123:

Originally posted by AdNole:
Would love to read the article/interview you mentioned.
I was a bit disappointed that all 3 of the main characters survived...a bit too much of a "happy" ending, given the general tenor of the show...but, as you wrote, it does leave the door wide open for future projects...wouldn't mind that at all

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/14/justified-finale-interview?asdfHere%20ya%20go

Happen to be replaying the episode while surfing and I just watched the scene in slomo and freeze frame...

Boon looks faster but has wasted motion while Raylan is perfectly still except for his gun hand. They fire at the exact same time based on barrel flash, but you hear two shots - not sure if it's each gun or an echo of the combined shot. Being that close, Boon would get the nod on draw speed since he had to raise the gun to a higher angle for the ill-advised head shot. Results are what count though, so Raylan wins.

Originally posted by 44DaCuse44:
Happen to be replaying the episode while surfing and I just watched the scene in slomo and freeze frame...

Boon looks faster but has wasted motion while Raylan is perfectly still except for his gun hand. They fire at the exact same time based on barrel flash, but you hear two shots - not sure if it's each gun or an echo of the combined shot. Being that close, Boon would get the nod on draw speed since he had to raise the gun to a higher angle for the ill-advised head shot. Results are what count though, so Raylan wins.

The way they filmed it / special effects made it look like Raylan got shot right through the dome with the blood spatter behind his head - thought he bought it and my heart sank.

I love Darrell Scott's " You'll never leave Harlan alive" version.
I prefer (and own) the Ruby Friedman Orchestra's version of the same song. It was played early this season or late last season on the show which was when I found it.

My girl and I actually went to Harlan, KY to watch the final episode and for a Q & A with Graham Yost (executive producer who also does another personal favorite 'The Americans'). The entire writing crew was there as were the actors who played Ava and Tim. I can't think of 'Tim's' real name- he was the sharp shooting ex military guy on the show. Ava is as good looking in person as she is on tv (Joelle Carter).

It was held the Saturday before the Series Finale was scheduled to broadcast to the rest of the world. The actress who played 'Rachel' ( black woman who replaced Art as head of the department) was also supposed to be in attendance but didn't show. It was fun (and free.....we won tickets to attend) and was held at the Harlan County High School. Not much going on in Harlan, lol.

My girl and I actually went to Harlan, KY to watch the final episode and for a Q & A with Graham Yost (executive producer who also does another personal favorite 'The Americans'). The entire writing crew was there as were the actors who played Ava and Tim. I can't think of 'Tim's' real name- he was the sharp shooting ex military guy on the show. Ava is as good looking in person as she is on tv (Joelle Carter).

It was held the Saturday before the Series Finale was scheduled to broadcast to the rest of the world. The actress who played 'Rachel' ( black woman who replaced Art as head of the department) was also supposed to be in attendance but didn't show. It was fun (and free.....we won tickets to attend) and was held at the Harlan County High School. Not much going on in Harlan, lol.
That's pretty neat. If I had known about it I might have replanned part of my trip to head up as I was already in Memphis as I'm a big fan of the show.

That is cool ..Jacob Pitts played Tim Gutterson

He had some worthwhile quotes....

Tim Gutterson: At least you got to shoot your father. Mine had the nerve to die before I got back from Basic with skills and a loaded weapon.

Chief Deputy Art Mullen: Hell of a shot. Did you consider what might have happened if you'd missed?
Tim Gutterson: I can't carry a tune. I don't know how to shoot a basketball and my handwriting is, uh, barely legible. But I don't miss.

¨LONG HARD TIMES TO COME¨ by GANGSTAGRASS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT