ADVERTISEMENT

Key factors in number of wins this fall

Had Covid- got vaccine anyway. Just to keep the community safe.

Car accidents are just that- accidents. This is preventable and if I was coach I would have all vaccinated on my roster. The rest can just red shirt until they are vaccinated. I would not put my whole team at risk just to let some personal decision wreck my season.
You are missing the point that there is no data to prove that the vaccines are safe over the long term.

Additionally the unvaccinated pose no risk to the vaccinated if the vaccine works so why would you hold out players who pose no danger?

Again the actual danger needs to be accessed. The media is running wild about the delta variant and it's explosive spread. You can easily see here in Orange County where there have been over 5,000 new confirmed cases as they love their charts but of course they leave out the chart showing that the 7 day fatality rate here is still 0 deaths. It has been a consistent 7 day 0 fatality rate here more over a month. This shows just how much of a risk it poses to society.

Last edited:
Reactions: KAseminole
"You can't force me to do the right thing."
Who made you the authority on what is the right thing? What happens if there are severe complications or side effects from the vaccine and thousands of young people who had no risk of dying from the virus end up dying from the vaccine?

What would they have died for, to prevent the venerable who received the vaccine and are no longer venerable from getting the virus and surviving?

As the delta variant is spiking the covid death figures are remaining at or near 0.

I will relax when the entire team is vaccinated. Until then I will worry about more cancelled games and chaos in the fall, as well as thousands of unnecessary deaths caused by those not willing to get the shot(s).
Are you saying that if they get the shots Covid will avoid them?🤣🤣
We all have our reasons for getting/not getting vaccinated. PSA I WILL BE AT EVERY HOME GAME NO VACCINATED. ILL HAVE THE FLORIDA STATE HAT AND SHIRT ON JUST INCASE YOU WANT TO AVOID ME. STAY SAFE OUT THERE

Who made you the authority on what is the right thing? What happens if there are severe complications or side effects from the vaccine and thousands of young people who had no risk of dying from the virus end up dying from the vaccine?

What would they have died for, to prevent the venerable who received the vaccine and are no longer venerable from getting the virus and surviving?

As the delta variant is spiking the covid death figures are remaining at or near 0.

It is pointless to argue with someone who is proffering a "what if" scenario with no current scientific basis and then using that scenario to justify behavior that is contrary to the common good. Bottom line is that if you choose to trust political talk show hosts and conspiracy theorists over scientists and other people who are trying to protect the public, then it is impossible for me to change your mind on a sports message board.

Sadly, let's see how history plays out on this one.

Reactions: windowman
It is pointless to argue with someone who is proffering a "what if" scenario with no current scientific basis and then using that scenario to justify behavior that is contrary to the common good. Bottom line is that if you choose to trust political talk show hosts and conspiracy theorists over scientists and other people who are trying to protect the public, then it is impossible for me to change your mind on a sports message board.

Sadly, let's see how history plays out on this one.
The science is clear. Covid poses nearly a 0% chance if death to the vast majority of society. Those who are more susceptible than that are due to age and health conditions which places them at an increased risk of death from other conditions.

More scientific days is the thousands of new covid infections and 0 deaths over the 7 day average for the last few weeks.

I am open to scientific data if you have any that conflicts these figures. Stop just shooting off science and facts without presenting any.

This is no different than last year when the media and the less informed public went off on all the dead college athletes we were going to have if the season was played last year. People were lining up to speed the media's line that we were sending kids off yo die for our entertainment when the data and science clearly stated otherwise. The end result was predictable. The season was played and we did not have college athletes dying from covid. Here we are again trying to make covid some sort of threat to our survival and it still is not.

Please present science and facts if you want to discuss science and facts

Reactions: reelnole72311
What was the original topic?
You gotta love the off season on the TC🤪
Turns out Cheese Grits and Bradley’s Country SPICY sausage can also help prevent Covid.

I won't be attending any FSU games this year because I am immunocompromised and over 70. If I knew everyone was vaccinated and would wear a mask I would attend several games. For people in with my condition COVID is pretty much the last step towards Heaven. Hopefully people will be pretty much all be vaccinated by the 2022 season so my wife and I can attend for a few more seasons of FSU football. As the unvaccinated friends and family of unvaccinated people get covid I think that unvaccinated will begin change their minds just like my unvaccinated mother-in-law did as a family member was about to die of the disease. Yes, not being vaccinated affects others and football attendance!

The science is clear. Covid poses nearly a 0% chance if death to the vast majority of society. Those who are more susceptible than that are due to age and health conditions which places them at an increased risk of death from other conditions.

More scientific days is the thousands of new covid infections and 0 deaths over the 7 day average for the last few weeks.

I am open to scientific data if you have any that conflicts these figures. Stop just shooting off science and facts without presenting any.

This is no different than last year when the media and the less informed public went off on all the dead college athletes we were going to have if the season was played last year. People were lining up to speed the media's line that we were sending kids off yo die for our entertainment when the data and science clearly stated otherwise. The end result was predictable. The season was played and we did not have college athletes dying from covid. Here we are again trying to make covid some sort of threat to our survival and it still is not.

Please present science and facts if you want to discuss science and facts

Please provide a link to the “science” included in your post.

Your chance of spreading COVID or being hospitalized or dying from COVID are greatly reduced by getting vaccinated.

The unvaccinated are more likely to get infected, more likely to get seriously (hospitalizations), more likely to die, and more likely to spread it to other people.

i’m not going to address your media conspiracy theories.

COVID is a public health threat and does present a risk of hospitalization and death.

Your chance of spreading COVID or being hospitalized or dying from COVID are greatly reduced by getting vaccinated.

The unvaccinated are more likely to get infected, more likely to get seriously (hospitalizations), more likely to die, and more likely to spread it to other people.

COVID is a public health threat and does present a risk of hospitalization and death.
Vaccines are a public health threat and do present a risk of hospitalization and death. It says it in the fine print under "side effects". There's a reason the pharmaceutical companies have zero liability. My god-given immune system works just fine without the "side effects".

Vaccines are a public health threat and do present a risk of hospitalization and death. It says it in the fine print under "side effects". There's a reason the pharmaceutical companies have zero liability. My god-given immune system works just fine without the "side effects".
BS you knok abosolutly nothng about what you say. Sounnds like your reasearch is fox news.

BS you knok abosolutly nothng about what you say. Sounnds like your reasearch is fox news.
I don’t watch any news because it’s all garbage. And what isn’t factual? Have you read the side effects listed? That’s not a conspiracy theory - it’s facts.

I said:
1) Pharma has zero liability - fact
2) Listed side effects - fact
3) My immune system works just fine - fact

What is bs?

If the vaccine works as you says it does then what is the danger of you being around unvaccinated people if you are?

You are claiming everyone needs to get vaccinated because it works then you say you and everyone who is vaccinated is at risk because others are not vaccinated. Which one is it does the vaccine work or not?

As for the science the data is pretty definitive. Covid cases are rising in the thousands here in Orange county and the 7 day Covid fatality statistic is still at or right on 0. Where is the deadly impact of Covid which is killing nearly 0 people?

The only media conspiracy is the one you are perpetuating by continuing to spread fear of death from Covid. This a virus which now poses nearly 0 risk as is being confirmed by the latest data.

If Covid is still a legitimate concern Show us where people especially vaccinated people are dying. The number of Covid deaths in vaccinated people is nearly 0 nationwide. How are the unvaccinated a threat to you?

You are hiding behind the headlines of Media Conspiracy and political agendas but not proving any data. Essentially 0 vaccinated individuals have dies from covid. Show us with data where the unvaccinated pose a threat to those who have chosen to get vaccinated.

This is all political and conspiracy theory quackery. I'm done arguing with you.

You are missing the point that there is no data to prove that the vaccines are safe over the long term.

Additionally the unvaccinated pose no risk to the vaccinated if the vaccine works so why would you hold out players who pose no danger?

Again the actual danger needs to be accessed. The media is running wild about the delta variant and it's explosive spread. You can easily see here in Orange County where there have been over 5,000 new confirmed cases as they love their charts but of course they leave out the chart showing that the 7 day fatality rate here is still 0 deaths. It has been a consistent 7 day 0 fatality rate here more over a month. This shows just how much of a risk it poses to society.
You are either delusional or just don't get it. If you think the vaccine has (maybe- big maybe) some unknown long term effects how about the virus. I know many who are not dead (which apparently is the only statistic that matters in your world) who continue to have long term side effects effecting their health. I guess they are not dead so who cares. I repeat. Like Alabama you would have the vaccine to play on my team. I would not put my season at risk for your "choices".

If the vaccine works as you says it does then what is the danger of you being around unvaccinated people if you are?

You are claiming everyone needs to get vaccinated because it works then you say you and everyone who is vaccinated is at risk because others are not vaccinated. Which one is it does the vaccine work or not?

As for the science the data is pretty definitive. Covid cases are rising in the thousands here in Orange county and the 7 day Covid fatality statistic is still at or right on 0. Where is the deadly impact of Covid which is killing nearly 0 people?

The only media conspiracy is the one you are perpetuating by continuing to spread fear of death from Covid. This a virus which now poses nearly 0 risk as is being confirmed by the latest data.

If Covid is still a legitimate concern Show us where people especially vaccinated people are dying. The number of Covid deaths in vaccinated people is nearly 0 nationwide. How are the unvaccinated a threat to you?

You are hiding behind the headlines of Media Conspiracy and political agendas but not proving any data. Essentially 0 vaccinated individuals have dies from covid. Show us with data where the unvaccinated pose a threat to those who have chosen to get vaccinated.

I get it.

You have placed your trust in those who admittedly make a living and acquire power from conflict, division, conspiracy theories, and the like (i.e. political social media influencers and political radio and TV talk show hosts) over the recommendations of qualified scientists and people who are tasked with trying to help our country with disease control.

Unfortunately, science, news and even facts have somehow evolved into something you select, choose and consume based on your ideology.

Personally, I'd much rather be the lemming of qualified scientists and good people trying to help our country with disease control than be the lemming of unqualified and for-profit political internet dimwits.

Good luck to you sir.

I get it.

You have placed your trust in those who admittedly make a living and acquire power from conflict, division, conspiracy theories, and the like (i.e. political social media influencers and political radio and TV talk show hosts) over the recommendations of qualified scientists and people who are tasked with trying to help our country with disease control.

Unfortunately, science, news and even facts have somehow evolved into something you select, choose and consume based on your ideology.

Personally, I'd much rather be the lemming of qualified scientists and good people trying to help our country with disease control than be the lemming of unqualified and for-profit political internet dimwits.

Good luck to you sir.
Please - this is not the place for this - find a Bart Simpson blog or a remote tree in the woods to talk to!!!

I get it.

Good luck to you sir.
You continue to claim to base your position on science and facts yet you have not proven any. I have provided solid data and invited you to refute it with data yet you are only able to respond with claims you are with the scientist yet you provide to data.

Clearly you are the one who is engaged in social media and political data as you are the the only one to not contribute any scientific data to refute the statistical validation that the virus has been killing 0 people on average in many populated counties in Florida.

The numbers don't lie. Young people have never been vulnerable to dying from Covid. Middle aged people are also largely not vulnerable to Covid. The elderly and those with multiple existing conditions are. Those demographics should consider the vaccine. Those who receive the vaccine are not endangered by those who chose not to get it.

Again, if the vaccine works how is anyone who is vaccinated placed in danger by those who are not vaccinated?

If you have any actual information to refute these points they are welcome.

I expect we will get more of your company line about how you follow science yet you refuse to except the actual data that is being produced.

You are either delusional or just don't get it. If you think the vaccine has (maybe- big maybe) some unknown long term effects how about the virus. I know many who are not dead (which apparently is the only statistic that matters in your world) who continue to have long term side effects effecting their health. I guess they are not dead so who cares. I repeat. Like Alabama you would have the vaccine to play on my team. I would not put my season at risk for your "choices".
I never said the vaccine has any long term side effects. I stated that the long term effects are unknown which is exactly true as we do not have any long term data. There is a long list of medications which have gone through the full regulatory approval process and have later been withdrawn for being unsafe. This vaccine was approved under a much lower standard and no one knows if there are any effects. The idea of subjecting a population demographic which has nearly 0 vulnerability to a vaccine that lacks any long term analysis does not make sense.

Feel free to look up the number of approved medications which have been recalled over the years due to being unsafe and in many cases leading to death. The idea that a new vaccine that was approved under a reduced threshold in a rush to distribute may have some unknown long term side effects is a very rational possibility and something that should be taken into consideration.

Your point is looking past the fact that many individuals who are becoming vaccinated are seeing their bodies respond to the spike protein in the same manner as if they were infected.

I am not saying they are getting Covid however there are many documented cases where people are being diagnosed with myocarditis (a condition which existed long before Covid and is very commonly fully recovered from) and other conditions which are potential side effects of Covid. These are people who have not had and may not have been exposed to the virus however they have now introduced some of the side effects of Covid into their bodies.

Covid will be around for a long time in some variant. If someone if susceptible to the virus due to age, obesity or existing medial conditions then they are free to choose to get vaccinated. There is no reason to be concerned with Covid if those who wish to be vaccinated have the option to. The survivability of Covid is currently near 100%.

No one knows what the long term effects of receiving the vaccine will be. There is no reason for individuals who are younger than 50 and not obese to be pressured to get the vaccine.
That is medically wrong. We will win more games by playing assignment football and making more chunk plays. Players gonna play.

That is medically wrong. We will win more games by playing assignment football and making more chunk plays. Players gonna play.
Again I do welcome constructive fact based discussion and debate. That is how we move along on the issue. Everyone coming in and just declaring discussions to be wrong without and context and data does not move the discussion at all. Please provide some data to refute everyone's claims.

I won't be attending any FSU games this year because I am immunocompromised and over 70. If I knew everyone was vaccinated and would wear a mask I would attend several games. For people in with my condition COVID is pretty much the last step towards Heaven. Hopefully people will be pretty much all be vaccinated by the 2022 season so my wife and I can attend for a few more seasons of FSU football. As the unvaccinated friends and family of unvaccinated people get covid I think that unvaccinated will begin change their minds just like my unvaccinated mother-in-law did as a family member was about to die of the disease. Yes, not being vaccinated affects others and football attendance!
I absolutely hate this for you. And I hope you are right and we can get more folks vaccinated. Go Noles!

Again I do welcome constructive fact based discussion and debate. That is how we move along on the issue. Everyone coming in and just declaring discussions to be wrong without and context and data does not move the discussion at all. Please provide some data to refute everyone's
Again I do welcome constructive fact based discussion and debate. That is how we move along on the issue. Everyone coming in and just declaring discussions to be wrong without and context and data does not move the discussion at all. Please provide some data to refute everyone's
Again I do welcome constructive fact based discussion and debate. That is how we move along on the issue. Everyone coming in and just declaring discussions to be wrong without and context and data does not move the discussion at all. Please provide some data to refute everyone's claims.
Here is a link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...s-discovery/hospitalization-death-by-age.html
28,000 people in the US under 50 have died from CoVid. Don’t know the number of those who were hospitalized. Or who lost work from being sick. Or gave it to someone else. Or gave it to someone who died. Where do you get your data?

Good for you, good luck.

Reactions: islandchief
I provided my response. What say you?

I get it.

Good luck to you sir.
Ditto. Well said

Read this quote from the link you shared and give your honest opinion on what he said.

"The reason we're seeing cases in younger people, Patel said, is simply that almost 90 percent of older Americans, especially those over the age of 65, have had at least one dose of the vaccine. “In essence, they are no longer kind of easy for the virus to infect, so the virus just goes to a population that it can, then it's infecting people who are not vaccinated, which tend to be younger people in general,” Patel said."

Reactions: libbyowens2002

Well you've got it all figured out don't you? Thank you for the hot tips. One fatality is too much; particularly among the unvaccinated and where it could have been avoided. Please don't take an isolated exception out of context and then make it a general rule. And if that one fatality was your family member I think you may change your indifferent tune. Attitudes are silent killers as well. Be Positive. Test Negative. And get vaxxed! It's a rather simple process.

For the life of me (no pun intended), I can’t see why people don’t get vaccinated, even if Covid is highly survivable. Who in the world wants to be sick? Who wants to continue to be part of the problem by not getting vaccinated? I guess they’re still part of the crowd that doesn’t think it’s a problem. The vaccine has been researched for a decade, and by now hundreds of millions of shots have been given worldwide with extremely minimal problems.
Wish we had a shot for ignorance and indifference. Just call it the Idiot Shot!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT