ADVERTISEMENT

Labor Day Weekend in New Orleans

cannot wait to experience my first trip to NOLA.. wish I could have gone before Katrina but excited for a good time and food outside of the game. Some of my family lived there in the 90s and gave us some recommendations.

Boosters should have a good allotment, have you renewed yet?? Stubhub is ridiculous.
any knowledge of what level you would have to be to get them? Can't see us getting but a few thousand and times are different since the bama game in jax where any booster could get some.

Had quite the experience in NOLA one time. My buddy and I see two hot chicks across Bourbon Street. He says “I’m going to see if we can get a pic with them.” (Yeah just a pic because they were way out of our league). So he goes up asks them and one of them in a VERY masculine voice says “No!” My buddy yells back to me “THEY’RE DUDES!” Turns out they were not only out of our league, they were playing an entirely different game! Will never forget that trip!

Reactions: RHT 3
Have always enjoyed NO, but, it doesn’t take long before you’re ready to leave.
It’s mostly for young people, before they have any developed understanding of what’s truly nice, fun, available, etc. Eventually people grow up and realize New Orleans is mostly a sewer, with some good food, history and culture as available diversions.

Had quite the experience in NOLA one time. My buddy and I see two hot chicks across Bourbon Street. He says “I’m going to see if we can get a pic with them.” (Yeah just a pic because they were way out of our league). So he goes up asks them and one of them in a VERY masculine voice says “No!” My buddy yells back to me “THEY’RE DUDES!” Turns out they were not only out of our league, they were playing an entirely different game! Will never forget that trip!
Bro they been in that same spot outside that club for decades lol.

I've been to 2 sugar bowls, 6 Mardi Gras and about 4 NYE's in NOLA.

All in my 20's except once.

All the years I went with no hotel reserved I never once slept in the car ( well one night/ long story).

Some mighty hospitable young women there I tell you.

Reactions: FtWaltonNole
I live in Mandeville, LA, and work as a physician at Ochsner in New Orleans.
Bourbon Street is not "NOLA" but a fraction representing a city that is historic, cultured, and potentially magical if you educate yourself.
Writing it off as a dump based on a couple of streets in the quarter is inaccurate at best.
There is definitely lots of neat things there and good food/entertainment. But its not just a few streets that drag the area down. It is what it is.

Or go and experience it and be kind to people who are different than you.

My family tries to live by Mr. Roger’s three rules.

Be kind x 3.

Go and have fun but do not avoid it but simply be kind.
Cant argue with Mr. Rogers but ill pass. Lots of other places in NO to go and have fun.

Bourbon Street is not "NOLA" but a fraction representing a city that is historic, cultured, and potentially magical if you educate yourself.
Writing it off as a dump based on a couple of streets in the quarter is inaccurate at best.
I interviewed at Ochsner for internship years ago.

I'm heading to NOLA that weekend with @Tobynole98 and our wives plus a couple of other couples. We've got a big house rented via VRBO in the Lower Garden District. Really looking forward to it.
We have a room at Hotel Monteleone for that game weekend...we like that place as can walk most places from it.

We have a hotel. Waiting to make dinner reservations. Festivals should make it highly entertaining. Can't wait for the trip.

Madison Social is planning a bar crawl on Saturday for Noles. If you are interested, follow them on twitter for info when we get closer. They have rooms at the Westin, us poor folk are slumming it at The Marriott on Canal St.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
Madison Social is planning a bar crawl on Saturday for Noles. If you are interested, follow them on twitter for info when we get closer. They have rooms at the Westin, us poor folk are slumming it at The Marriott on Canal St.

Hey there, just wanted to manage expectation. The crawl we do is going to be much like what we did in Orlando for Ole Miss when we went to Epcot and drank around the world. This will be informal, slightly organized, and "non ticketed" meaning it will just be a bunch of folks in MadSo shirts on Bourbon Street. We had 200+ people in Epcot and the Epcot employees were asking "what is this place?" Was pretty awesome.

As for "our rooms"-- that is again informal. I just hopped on hotels.com and booked something. We were asked where we are staying and just mentioned there. Totally informal and we even moved to The Ritz because we got an even cheaper rate.

Reactions: NoleFan2U
Hey there, just wanted to manage expectation. The crawl we do is going to be much like what we did in Orlando for Ole Miss when we went to Epcot and drank around the world. This will be informal, slightly organized, and "non ticketed" meaning it will just be a bunch of folks in MadSo shirts on Bourbon Street. We had 200+ people in Epcot and the Epcot employees were asking "what is this place?" Was pretty awesome.

As for "our rooms"-- that is again informal. I just hopped on hotels.com and booked something. We were asked where we are staying and just mentioned there. Totally informal and we even moved to The Ritz because we got an even cheaper rate.
How do we get these MadSo shirts?

I have HUGE expectations for this! I want to dress like this when we are finished, except in garnet and gold.

Reactions: MadisonSocial
How do we get these MadSo shirts?

We have a ton that we do. We have the monthly challenge and then university/sports related ones we do throughout the year. If you follow our social media channels, you will see thing pop up!

Labor Day is HOT in the swamp that is New Orleans. It’s gonna stink like s#!t!!
tickets that are available are high priced and shitty The BIG OL TV for me

So much truth in this post.

Reactions: Dr. Nole
I lived there too, and that's a great spot for sure.

K-Paul's on Chartres Street is my all time favorite. There's too many to choose from. Can't wait to be there for the game.
K-Pauls closed permanently in 2020. But as you say, there are many other good ones to choose from.

I was born there and was living there right before I went to Dallas.
Oswald

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT