ADVERTISEMENT

Least favorite Vince Vaughn movie/show?

What is your least favorite Vince Vaughn movie/show?

• Unfished Business (2015)

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Couples Retreat (2009)

• The Watch (2012)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Fred Claus (2007)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • The Dilemma (2011)

• Be Cool (2005)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • The Break-Up (2006)

• The Internship

• Psycho (1998)

• True Detective Season 2 (2015)

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

dmm5157

Seminole Insider
Jan 30, 2005
Tallahassee
This came to mind because it looks like True Detective is not going to be renewed for a 3rd season following poor ratings from Season 2. Add to that I started watching part of the movie Unfinished Business on HBO last night and turned it off about 30 minutes into the movie. Painful to watch and very unfunny.

Got me curious, I started looking at Vince Vaughn's past work and sorted by Rotten Tomatoes rating. Three jump out at me as being painful to watch: Unfinished Business, The Dilemma, and The Breakup. I haven't seen most of the movies on this list, but the ones I have seen were horrible.

So what say ye, LR posters? Pick your 3 least favorite VV movies. If one isn't listed, write it in as a post below.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/celeb..._column=rating&sort_dir=asc#moviesFilmography

Reactions: RTM58
Of those listed, I've only seen Couples Retreat. It was awful. I loved him in Wedding Crashers and Old School. I know Swingers is well-liked, but I never cared for it.

I thought The Breakup was hilarious. And that sucks about TD, if true.

Of those listed, I've only seen Couples Retreat. It was awful. I loved him in Wedding Crashers and Old School. I know Swingers is well-liked, but I never cared for it.
I did see Couples Retreat. I laughed pretty good a few times. The ladies are hot in that movie. Love Kristin Davis!

I liked The Internship, but not because of VV, def more for the nerdy guy in glasses (funny) and the dance instructor/stripper (very attractive.)

I voted for The Dilemma and Psycho. Only other ones on the list I've seen were The Break-Up, Couples Retreat and Fred Claus, which were funny enough not to hate. The Dilemma and Psycho were BRUTALLY bad.

I've read that True Detective is up in the air for season 3, but HBO did renew a deal with the writer, so, who knows.

Of the list I've only seen True Detective. So I guess I'm not a VV fan.

Be Cool was seriously one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. painfully bad and Vaughns character was terrible. That move actually made me really mad watching it.

Reactions: dmm5157
Be Cool was seriously one of the worst movies Ive ever seen. painfully bad and Vaughns character was terrible. That move actually made me really mad watching it.

My dad likes it and puts it on from time to time. It's terrible. Travolta is prob worse than VV in it, though, due to that horrible accent.

I actually liked the first 2/3 of Couples Retreat, then it devolved into idiocy.

The preview for Unfinished Business looked ridiculous.

Reactions: dmm5157
Unfinished Business was really bad.

I don't blame him for TD2, it was poor everything.

I liked The Break Up, Four Christmas, Couples Retreat. They aren't Old School or Wedding Crashers good, but I didn't find them painful to watch at all. I actually enjoyed them.

The problem with Vince is that he is the same character in every movie. So in order for the movie to be really good there has to be good story being told and the actors around him have to be really good, enough to tone down all the VV rants and close ups.

He can't carry the movie. Needs to be supporting roll or at most co-star.

I've seen most of his movies, he peaked at Dodgeball, Wedding Crashers was OK, but just don't like him in general, especially the laugh. Winced when I found out he was cast in True Detective, sure enough performance was marginal at best.

Last edited:
The title of this thread gives me pause...
Does anyone have a favorite Vince Vaughn movie/show? :)

The title of this thread gives me pause...
Does anyone have a favorite Vince Vaughn movie/show? :)

Come on man, Dodgeball is an absolute classic comedy.

And Clay Pigeons is pretty good for a "serious" role.

And while I absolutely hated True Detective it actually had nothing to do with VV. I thought he did an amazing job with an absolutely terrible script.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT