ADVERTISEMENT

Letterman's final shows

BelemNole

Veteran Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Roseville, CA
Pretty good few weeks of TV. Norm McDonald getting all weepy, Bill Murry getting drunk (and falling out of a chair in his subsequent interview) the musical guests, flashbacks. Well done all around.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'm disappointed that I missed his last few shows. I've never watched him regularly but I always liked him. Lettermen seemed like the most down to Earth and naturally funny late night talk show host. He's a guy I wouldn't mind having a couple of beers with. I saw some of the clips you mentioned online and it's pretty cool that so many big stars showed up to send him off properly.

His last shows were awesome. I will miss him. It was like saying goodbye to a family member.

Last edited:
I have followed his entire career, first as a stand-up, then as the host of his morning show (1980), and then during his late-night gigs. Very funny man. But like so many comedians, a very complex dude behind the scenes. Quite the womanizer at various stages of his life.

Wish him much happiness.

I'm fortunate as my college days were Letterman's Glory Days 83-87 and every night was appointment television from 12:30-1:30.. ..the last two weeks of the show were well done for sure....my only question is did Letterman and Chris Elliot have a falling out?..I'm assuming they did because he was such an integral part of the show in the 80's and it was strange he never came back for an appearance at the end...and I'm guessing Larry "Bud" Melman is deceased since he was not on either

I'm fortunate as my college days were Letterman's Glory Days 83-87 and every night was appointment television from 12:30-1:30.. ..the last two weeks of the show were well done for sure....my only question is did Letterman and Chris Elliot have a falling out?..I'm assuming they did because he was such an integral part of the show in the 80's and it was strange he never came back for an appearance at the end...and I'm guessing Larry "Bud" Melman is deceased since he was not on either

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/...iott-sings-to-dave-with-love-david-letterman/

And as far as "Larry "Bud" Melman" he died in 2007. The interesting thing is alot of people (including me and it sounds like you) thought he was real, but "Bud" was a character played by an actor by the name of Calvert DeForrest (no relation to Bones).

It's already odd looking at the guide and seeing "The Mentalist" in Dave's time slot. Really gonna miss his show. Last few weeks were great with great guests and his favorite songs played/covered by his favorite acts.

I used to like him a lot back in the day. Just got away from watching late night TV. I really liked Craig Ferguson, and had hoped he would get that slot.

and now his set is in the dumpster...

That sucks, I told my wife if I ever made it to a taping I'd ask for a cue card or one of the Top 10 cards, and if it was his final show I'd definitely ask for a piece of that set. There are already a bunch of random pieces on ebay, cables, lights, seats...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT