ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Jimbo was on to something with that pledge

Eh, kind of cheesy but needed. I was on campus today (I work there) for the first time in a while. Saw a lot of kids not wearing masks. Large groups of kids hanging out not socially distancing. Kind of frustrating.

Maybe hire some folks to play “hall monitor” around campus for the fall?

Eh, kind of cheesy but needed. I was on campus today (I work there) for the first time in a while. Saw a lot of kids not wearing masks. Large groups of kids hanging out not socially distancing. Kind of frustrating.
Wasn't there but these guys are literaly trading spit all day. If you're referring to them with other students that sucks to here. If it was with other teamates I dont see the issue.

Wasn't there but these guys are literaly trading spit all day. If you're referring to them with other students that sucks to here. If it was with other teamates I dont see the issue.
Yeah, I have no issues with the team. I was talking about the general student body. Just frustrating observing them out and about not observing the mask rules. Like, "you bastards better not ruin now football season!!" Lol

Yeah, I have no issues with the team. I was talking about the general student body. Just frustrating observing them out and about not observing the mask rules. Like, "you bastards better not ruin now football season!!" Lol
Dumb producing dumber.

A low percentage wear masks here and guess what our numbers are still tanking.

it was reported this weekend they should go to less accurate rapid tests because the more accurate tests are likely reporting positives for people that won’t transmit. Also stated less than 10k of the deaths were people without prexisting conditions. Every one has been hustled and idiots like thrasher arresting students are still hustling

Last edited:
And they needed to score 1300 on their SAT test to get admitted .
Wearing a mask is annoying but it is such a small thing to do for the greater good.

I love how not until COVID-19 hit did face masks suddenly become effective against a respiratory virus. But COVID-19 is a magical virus as we know and it changes all the standards of science and biology that preceded it. That in all the randomized controlled trials (RCT's) ever produced regarding the effectiveness of face masks from 1946 to July, 2018 it was found that face masks provided no significant reduction in transmission.

But this article published by the CDC is so antiquated that it was published back in May, 2020. Plus on an anecdotal note, Asian countries such as China and Japan have been wearing face masks for decades without a global pandemic and as we all saw COVID-19 didn't affect either of those countries because of their mass face mask wearing (sarcasm).

From the linked CDC article:

Face Masks

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

images

I love how not until COVID-19 hit did face masks suddenly become effective against a respiratory virus. But COVID-19 is a magical virus as we know and it changes all the standards of science and biology that preceded it. That in all the randomized controlled trials (RCT's) ever produced regarding the effectiveness of face masks from 1946 to July, 2018 it was found that face masks provided no significant reduction in transmission.

But this article published by the CDC is so antiquated that it was published back in May, 2020. Plus on an anecdotal note, Asian countries such as China and Japan have been wearing face masks for decades without a global pandemic and as we all saw COVID-19 didn't affect either of those countries because of their mass face mask wearing (sarcasm).

Face Masks

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks

images
No doubt there will be continued determinations on the usage of masks but, it isn't the most inconvenient thing in the world as a precautionary measure

Face Masks

images

To add to this... There should have been really good data to follow that proves masks work... in short, Leon county for example implemented the mask rule and other counties in FL did not. I did this research not because I'm anti mask... I really wanted to know if a mask actually helps my family and others or not.

So let's compare Leon to Brevard (I live in leon, my family in brevard so I have personal experience in both places).
Leon:
--sent home the student populations for FSU, FAMU, and TCC
--has a very high ratio of white collar workers that also were sent home
--implemented a mask rule county wide and it's been followed fairly well
--has little to no tourism
--shut down all parks, ball fields, etc.

Brevard:
--relies on both white collar and tourism jobs (beach communities)
--no mask rule and social distancing is a joke IMO
--parks have been open and attracting outside people for some time (USSSA fields as an example)

So based on the 'masks work' and social distancing info that has been spread Leon should be trending better than Brevard yet... Brevard is sitting at around half the number of cases per 100k. Brevard's trend has also been significantly better and nothing about the trend has changed for leon before / after the mask rule went into effect relative to the rest of the state.

I did a pretty in depth look into FL counties and after throwing out the ones with low population (which can skew the numbers one way or the other) the data shows zero impact on areas where masks are required vs counties where they are not. There is simply more to what makes it spread

Reactions: Deerfuel2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT