ADVERTISEMENT

Tennis Looks like we’re about to have a storm to deal with

runkpanole

Seminole Insider
Nov 17, 2002
Some of the new models don’t look good for Tampa, but there is a lot of time to change up in any direction.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
That is poor advice in a major storm. How about follow the direction of the local and state emergency management on whether or not to evacuate?
Would you evacuate anytime it was suggested? If not what would be your decision point on either hunkering down or leaving?

Would you evacuate anytime it was suggested? If not what would be your decision point on either hunkering down or leaving?
I believe that is called F around and find out.

My boyfriend was in the eye wall of Andrew in 1992. They never had a break from the 180mph winds as they were in the north eye wall. He still has nightmares from the storm. He can't watch anything on the news about Andrew. First the sound of the wind, then the relentless pounding of the home by debris, then the shingles go on the roof, then the plywood, then the roof. By then the house if filled with 6-12 inches of water and it keeps rising. The wind is still howling as the home is being ripped to shreds. You can only hide at this point, hoping it will shield you from the rain hitting you at 180 mph or the debris flying by, because there is no place to escape. It is at that moment that you wish you heeded the warnings and left.

This storm is going to cause more flooding at this point than anything. The warnings are put there for a reason. Sure, sometimes the storm jogs north or south. And in reality, the worst winds effect a small portion of the land. But when it is you it is affecting, you will wish you had left. Unless you are the one guy in Mexico Beach who built his home like a fortress. Then you can stay.

I believe that is called F around and find out.

My boyfriend was in the eye wall of Andrew in 1992. They never had a break from the 180mph winds as they were in the north eye wall. He still has nightmares from the storm. He can't watch anything on the news about Andrew. First the sound of the wind, then the relentless pounding of the home by debris, then the shingles go on the roof, then the plywood, then the roof. By then the house if filled with 6-12 inches of water and it keeps rising. The wind is still howling as the home is being ripped to shreds. You can only hide at this point, hoping it will shield you from the rain hitting you at 180 mph or the debris flying by, because there is no place to escape. It is at that moment that you wish you heeded the warnings and left.

This storm is going to cause more flooding at this point than anything. The warnings are put there for a reason. Sure, sometimes the storm jogs north or south. And in reality, the worst winds effect a small portion of the land. But when it is you it is affecting, you will wish you had left. Unless you are the one guy in Mexico Beach who built his home like a fortress. Then you can stay.
Don't get me wrong I wouldn't stick around to find out. Was just asking from his standpoint. I'm of the mindset to leave even if they don't suggest it as its just easier. I'm actually heading over the pond next week for 6 weeks to skip the worst of the season. Its just not worth all the ass pain. Was going to head to Biloxi this week until the storm turned right a bit.

I went to Charleston, South Florida, New Orleans and Biloxi after hurricanes as part of the rescue/cleanup efforts and its bad. Universally the ones your pulling from roofs or holes in them all say the same thing. I wish I had left.

5pm update has it shifted more west. Tampa Bay now out of the cone. It should stay right where it is. Much further west and Tally is in the crosshairs.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Just suggested? Maybe not. Mandated? Yes. I say that having never being in a mandated evacuation area.
Regardless, I work in Walton County's EOC during a storm so I'm not going anywhere. I have sent the family to safer areas while I stayed home.

If it stays on track the storm will hit what is probably the least populated place in Florida.
We’re going to get lots of rain up here in Jax on Wednesday.
Captain Obvious is on line two. :)

I'm not an authority on tropical disturbances by any means. Anybody know if two of them have actually collided in the past? Or do the conditions for such storms preclude the possibility?

Reactions: GeddyLee09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT