ADVERTISEMENT

Markel Trial

bigmamanole

Contributor
Feb 24, 2004
The popular Florida State University law professor was gunned down at his Tallahassee home in Betton Hills in July 2014.

Opening arguments going on now. WCTV

Small town - we have a family friend on the Markel jury, a former work colleague was in the box for the Dalvin Cook trial, my daughter was foreman for a horrible murder at an Ocklocknee boat ramp. It might be time for a new town.
WCTV has crap coverage on this trial. Anyone have a better source?
Friend on the jury but it's radio silence for now.

I was on a jury pool in Tallahassee.
I knew the prosecutor, went HS with the judge's daughter (no I didn't) and went to church with the bailiff for Gods sake...they still didn't excuse me.

Reactions: squiffynole
I'm wondering if the state has bungled this case? They are prosecuting only the trigger-people, the accused women is connected to the wife but the wife testified under immunity, they seem to be relying on a convict as a star witness.

I'm wondering if the state has bungled this case? They are prosecuting only the trigger-people, the accused women is connected to the wife but the wife testified under immunity, they seem to be relying on a convict as a star witness.
She can still be prosecuted but anything she said during her testimony cannot be used against her.

When describing her immunity she laughed and said "The state isn't going to decide to arrest me"

If you're on twitter and can't watch the video, @KarlEtters is covering it from inside the courtroom.

She can still be prosecuted but anything she said during her testimony cannot be used against her.

When describing her immunity she laughed and said "The state isn't going to decide to arrest me"

If you're on twitter and can't watch the video, @KarlEtters is covering it from inside the courtroom.

nm, found it

Deposits in Magbanua bank account. Hull says there's no record of employment for when Magbanua's bank account is at its highest. This was around the time Markel was murdered. She would make cash deposits at different ATM machine on the same day for her account.

Now the judge is not going to let the jury see the transcripts of the phone calls. That really sucks!
Heard that. Have a lawyer friend who’s been updating from courtroom. Said that was a close call but judge got it right. No ones fault. Real life surveillance is harder in real life and you can’t just hand things to Abby and tell her to “clean them up.”

Now the judge is not going to let the jury see the transcripts of the phone calls. That really sucks!
But they got to hear the audio, correct? That's what I got out of the coverage was audio but no written transcripts.

Guilty as Hell. But, I'm not on the jury, and as anyone knows you really have to be a complete idiot to get picked to be a juror on a high profile case. So who knows what these morons are going to do. The questions they've asked the judge during deliberations already confirms the idiocy.

Reactions: dero316
Guilty as Hell. But, I'm not on the jury, and as anyone knows you really have to be a complete idiot to get picked to be a juror on a high profile case. So who knows what these morons are going to do. The questions they've asked the judge during deliberations already confirms the idiocy.

I just hope they do not walk. I assume it is too late for a plea.

He is guilty as per jury, hung on her. Judge sent them back to deliberate more, if hung jury it will be declared a miss trial!

He is guilty as per jury, hung on her. Judge sent them back to deliberate more, if hung jury it will be declared a miss trial!

And they will absolutely retry her if that's the case. Things won't be so rosy for her next time since the 2 other defendants would have already plead (Rivera) and been found guilty (Garcia) of murder and she is the only link. Just hope you get a less idiotic jury next time who's not so sympathetic to her because she's a woman with kids. Guarantee the holdout(s) is/ are female.

Last edited:
And they will absolutely retry her if that's the case. Things won't be so rosy for her next time since the 2 other defendants would have already plead (Rivera) and been found guilty (Garcia) of murder and she is the only link. Just hope you get a less idiotic jury next time who's not so sympathetic to her because she's a woman with kids. Guarantee the holdout(s) is/ are female.

I believe 10 women and 2 men?

We have a family friend on the jury, a person of excellent judgement, btw a female.

I'm not so sure about the judgement of the prosecutors.

We have a family friend on the jury, a person of excellent judgement, btw a female.

I'm not so sure about the judgement of the prosecutors.
...you cant throw that bag of dog poop in the living room and run out

giphy.gif

Reactions: bigmamanole
It amazes me that Garcia is staring at the death penalty and still hasn’t snitched on Charlie Adelson.

Reactions: bigmamanole
It amazes me that Garcia is staring at the death penalty and still hasn’t snitched on Charlie Adelson.
Not sure about prison etiquette, but if he gets a life sentence for snitching on someone, would that make said life sentence more complicated? Get an expiration date from a judge and hope for chaos or spend 40yrs looking over your shoulder?

ShallowMealyElectriceel-size_restricted.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT