ADVERTISEMENT

Mayweather is a FIVE-TIME convicted woman-beater

LesClaypool

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 12, 2004
Tallahassee
Once is enough to be perma-banned from a sport, IMO.

If not once, then twice DEFINITELY is. No?

But FIVE TIMES?!?! What possible justification can there be for him still walking the streets, let alone being paid hundreds of millions to fight?

I know ESPN is a favorite target here, but kudos to Outside the Lines for their piece on this otherwise incredibly quiet topic that should be the ONLY narrative on the eve of this fight. Let's hope this catches on and other outlets start focusing more on this, and less on his car collection or the fact that he eats McDonald's while training.

http://deadspin.com/espns-otl-reminds-us-floyd-mayweather-jr-is-an-unrepen-1700019587

Did you see slurpfest with Stephen A and Floyd last week? ESPN talking out both sides of its mouth.

I saw it and as Deadspin points out, they're airing that slurp fest 6x, a couple of those during prime viewing slots..as opposed to the OTL segment twice, during down viewing time.

My question though is why isn't EVERY news outlet covering it? Is there really no public outrage over a guy who's been caught beating women 5x?

If he had a match with Bruce Jenner (for charity or something), would that make it six?

Just watched the OTL piece.

Certainly paints a VERY poor picture of Floyd as well as the Nevada State Boxing Commission.

That said, and this is in no way even a slight defense of Floyd, espn has been known to sensationalize and/or withhold certain facts (as Seminole Nation knows better than anyone). So while watching, while my stomach was turning at the callousness of Floyd and the Boxing Commission, my mind was trying to process what omissions OTL might have made in order to paint this picture.

All in all, 5 convictions can't be argued with, and our guy and this guy are night and day different in terms of character, so I'm going to go ahead and think the worst of Floyd and the money grubbers in the Boxing Commission, but with some level of discomfort as I've, to-date, only been informed of the 'facts' by espn, which is paramount to only hearing the prosecutions side of a story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT