ADVERTISEMENT

Move on to 2024

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
I usually do Sunday morning quarterback. I am not watching that debacle again. I will just say that was one of the hardest games I have ever sat through. I would like to thank Jerry as my son and I got to hang out with he and his wife….that’s always a great time….

My thoughts….

QB - fsu needs a transfer qb next year. Glenn should get a chance to win the job but honestly he is not ready. I am not sure if he will ever be ready but what we saw tonight at times gives you hope. He does not look lost.

RB - Caziah Holmes is not the answer. He is not better than Toafili. FSU has Kam Davis coming in but I expect fsu to go and get a portal rb.

WR- there are major question marks heading into 2024. Does Poitier come back? He is good enough to start for another program. Does this group go young and start Williams, Jacob’s and Hill next year. Jeremiah Smith would have quieted some of the concerns.

TE- morlock was a major disappointment tonight. He is what I thought he was. His ceiling is Caz. I hope he can take his game to another level as he did not look like a D1 player out there tonight. Landen Thomas May start. It will be interesting to see if fsu looks to the portal here.

OL - Julian Armella better be a starter next year. Same with early. They are guys you recruited to play in 2024. If armella does not start next year I could see him leave. The portal OL fsu took last year were not good. They need some bodies here so expect them to go and hit the portal.

DL- this is an area of major concern. Edmond may need to hit the portal. He did not look good for the second game in a row. Joshua Farmer needs to commit himself to being great this off season. We need to see Patrick Payton improve. Today was a wake up call. That’s what nfl lineman need to look like and he was dominated. Darrell Jackson needs to come back and rededicate himself. What fsu does fsu have on the DL- I could see fsu try and bring in 2 DE and 2 DT.

LB- I expect Jayden Parrish to start the moment he steps on campus. He is already better than what we saw tonight. I do think that Nichelson will be really good. Look for 1-2 portal guys to be brought in.

DB- AZ Thomas and Conrad Hussey are two players to start with. It will be interesting to see what happens with the freshman and in coming freshman here.

ST- should have two potential all Americans next year.

one last thing…coach norvell deserves a ton of credit at turning the program around. I can’t make predictions for next season as we still don’t know who will be on the team. A lot can change between now and spring football.

As far as I am concerned the team finished the season 13-0. He brought the program back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News