ADVERTISEMENT

My 2 Cents From A FSU Fan and a Native Houstonion

TCglow

Contributor
Jan 28, 2004
First and foremost I do not blame JF for taking this HC position at TAMU. He did it for two reasons, 75 million guaranteed and his son will now be closer to one of the most highly prolific hospitals in the Texas Medical Center in downtown Houston. We really do not know what the cost is to him and his ex-wife regarding the care for his son. I am sorry, if it was me, I would have made the same move.

Now, the other side. I have many, many TAMU alum friends. TAMU severely over paid for their new coach and there are many TAMU exs that are not happy with this move. Not because they didn't want JF, but because how desperate they look by the amount of money / guaranteed that was signed off on. Which was generated and demanded by a hand full of big boosters.

What JF doesn't realize is there's a premium on that 75 million. The immediate pressure he is going to get and feel the first day he steps on campus will be nothing he has ever experienced. It will be very demanding on him. There will not be any more choices, they will be demands. When the alumni start tugging on his puppet strings only then he will truly understand. His neighbor in Austin, Tom Hermann thought he was ready, he wasn't. It's already started their in Austin and he is only one year in and the money is less than half of what JF is getting.

There better not be any Boston College losses of 35-3, Louisville losses of 63-20, losses to teams such as North Carolina who had half the amount of talent. Those days are over JF. This is the state of Texas where football is king and people are crazy about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News