ADVERTISEMENT

My eyes did not lie...

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
FSU, Michigan, Washington and Georgia were the four best teams all year. The NCAA and ESPN should be ashamed of themselves. Michigan and Alabama would have both struggled to beat FSU with a full squad and Tate. Yes, FSU could have beaten Michigan or Alabama with Tate. Why, because when Trey Benson steps on the field against either team, he is the best running back. When Coleman and Wilson along with Bell step on the field against Bama or Michigan they have the better unit. If you had give Mike Norvell two weeks with Tate and this team, they would have had a legit shot at winning it all. Georgia and Washington to me were the two teams I felt were bad matchups. I have watched Washington all year and going score for score with them would have been tough. Washington has the best offense in the country....And their receiving corps is the real deal. Yes their defense is not great but they put so much pressure on you to keep up it does not matter. They are similar to LSU a few years ago. Washington defense while not great is not terrible. They get needed stops and get their offense back the ball...

Alabama, once again Kurt, and the rest of ESPN owe FSU an apology. That team was Saban worst since his first couple of seasons. They are very well coached but Michigan dominated Alabama today for three quarters. Bama was in the game because Michigan was trying to give the game away. I won't even get into the refs...But Michigan QB was tossed ten yards out of bounds that is a penalty for FSU every time. Alabama OL also chocked hold Michigan DL a few times and big plays happen. I will give Saban credit because this team does not have a QB. He does not have an elite OL or running game. His team found ways to win but there is one FACT....FSU was unbeaten and untied this year. They dominated Louisville offense...THEY EARNED THE RIGHT TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS....And yes they got boatraced against Georgia...But UGA was not in the playoffs.....FSU had a legit shot to make it interesting.

The two teams that ESPN, Cowherd and Joe Klatt pumped up all year were Ohio State and Bama. And while both programs are great and I have a ton of respect for Saban....You don't get rewarded for past success. You don't tell a team that went unbeaten and those kids worked so hard to say to them...YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN THE FACTS DON'T LIE. It is ok to admit that Bama and Ohio State are not as good. The reality is Oregon would beat both teams this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News