ADVERTISEMENT

My suggested solutions to fix this mess

BigCleat42

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Aug 4, 2015
Now that the purge is basically complete, and we have hit our floor (rock bottom), there is only one direction we can go. That is up! Now is time to build. Here is my 5 suggested short term solutions to getting us back to winning football...

1. Staff changes: Only coaching changes I would currently make is that I would move Odell Haggins into an admin role position in the athletic department similar to what Monk's role was. I would demote Adam Fuller and move him to coach DL, and in his place I would bring on a legit DC such as Mason, Muschamp, Strong etc. If Fuller can't cut it as a DL coach (he has coached DL in the past), I would let him go in a year or two. As future coaching changes occur, we need to bring in elite recruiters on to the staff.

2. Recruiting/transfer market: We need to crush the transfer market. I would bring in grad transfers at QB, WR, OT, OG, DE, DT, and LB. Maybe bring in a transfer RB, or if the rumors are true about Khalan Laborn, let him back if the circumstance is right. We desperately need to bring in more OL/DL through the transfer market. We are not going to sign elite kids currently. We need to bring in blue collar, high ceiling, intelligent, high character, kids that have a chip on their shoulder. This is where Norvell's scouting, talent evolution, and our ability to develop kids will come into play.

3. Quarterback: This is the most important position (with OL a close second). It's imperative we get better QB play than what we have had since Jameis. Go with either a grad transfer or Chubba Purdy as the starting QB. Use Jordan Travis a lot, but in similar ways to how Saints use Taysom Hill, or how Hines Ward was used back in the day. He is a game breaker, but he doesn't need to be the starting QB as his passing isn't what we need it to be and his durability isn't either.

4. Administration: Keep Michael Alford as Head of Boosters, Bruce Warwick as Chief of Staff, and bring on Jeff Puriton as the new Athletic Director. I think this trio, along with Norvell and moving Odell into a Monk type role will go a long way, and provide a very solid foundation from a leadership perspective.

5. Brand/Facilities: It would be very wise for us to revert everything back to pre-Ignition tradition. First off, it would be an act of goodwill for the fanbase, which would help donations, and I honestly think it would help the team too. Our current brand with this current look is terrible. However, our old look is one of dominance and success. It's beyond stupid for us not to go back to that. As for facilities, I think the idea of remodeling Moore to a football only facility is the best, financially sound idea. I also liked the idea of turning the soccer complex into one. Point is, we can achieve what we need to without totally breaking the bank.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News