ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts at reading btw the lines of Norvell's comments

Finn21

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2018
QB: There's not much that can happen, outside of injury, that's going to change the status. Both Travis and McKenzie will be used. And I think he's already forming a gameplan in week 1 on how he's going to do it. Certainly as the season goes on he will ride more of the hot hand, but week 1 is already decided, imo.

RB: "Tresaun Ward changed our recruiting perspective". Wow. That says a lot. I was hesitant to buy in to the Ward hype but he's going to play if he impacted the recruiting plan. I would guess Corbin, Toa, and Ward are the main 3 in that order. Wren is the wildcard if he keeps coming on.

WR: Besides Ward, this is the one area he kind of lit up when talking about. "We can throw and catch this year". It's encouraging that he's clearly bullish on this group. Sounds like a lot of guys will be used but I'm guessing the main ones are: Helton, Pokie, McClain, Douglas, and Poitier. Williamson and Burrell will both get some run too. The wildcard is Parchment. His name is surprisingly absent when talking about the guys flashing but I imagine we'll see a lot of him eventually. I'm guessing they have a lot of bad habits to break him of from his time at Kansas. I get a feel attitude is one of those things too. Just a feel, nothing concrete.

Akeem Dent: remember when we all called Willie and Harlon morons for moving him to safety? Well maybe they weren't so dumb. And maybe the talent has always been a bigger problem than the coaching going back to 3rd and Kelly. Just too many 5 stars struggling over multiple coaching staffs. The fact that Norvell mentioned Akeem "has matured" makes me think there may have been a problem with that before. To his credit he now appears to be humbling himself and working. Tough comp at the free safety spot. My bet is Jay, Green, and McClellion are the front runners there.

Jarret Jackson: another reading btw the lines is the work ethic hasn't always been there. Talented big body kid that has potential to be good if he wants to work. I also felt the comments were a little indicting on Ray and Thompson (who he didn't mention by name when talking about the group) that Jackson "has" to be the guy that steps up. Maybe he knows Thompson and Ray may lack the high end ceiling he wants out of his 2 deep.

A lot of conjecture here. Feel free to agree or disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News