ADVERTISEMENT

NBA finals

Can't see them wanting Sullinger. That guy makes Love look like an explosive athlete. I'd say Faried makes some sense but can't see them getting Faried and #3 pick for just Love and Faried and the 16th pick seems a little light.
Actually it looks like Sullinger is a FA anyway, so I guess they wouldn't trade for him. So I don't know, maybe that's not a good spot for him if there's noone there they could/would trade for.

I wouldn't bet against the Warriors, especially when the Warriors are desperate, but the Cavs look really good right now, really good. I didn't expect the Warriors to look as uninspired as they looked tonight, as if they were just planning on game 7. Sunday night is going to be fun.

Cleveland better win game 7.. I don't think the city can take the heart break if they were to lose lol

Cleveland better win game 7.. I don't think the city can take the heart break if they were to lose lol
It would be heart breaking if Game 7 were in Cleveland. They can't be expecting to win that game. That would be shocking, and of course it seems very real now.

I couldn't have been more wrong with predicting this series. Unreal with all the blowouts.

Cavs figured out how to beat the Warriors and GS does not look like they know how to counter. Warriors have come unglued.

IMO Cavs win game seven.

Last nights game was why I have a hard time watching the NBA nowadays. The calls were just horrific. There was one call on Curry in the 1st half where LeBron lowered his shoulder and extended his arm; Curry goes to the ground and they called the foul on Curry. Right then I said oh gonna be one of those games uh. I didn't watch much after. Now I am not one of the "games are rigged" guys, but there just seems to be no consistency in how games are called and often what you are watching is not even basketball. I doubt the officiating had much of an impact, maybe it did. Cleveland seemed to be on and GS didn't, but it sure seemed like the refs had an impact on how the game was played; and I don't have a dog in the fight my Celtics were gone awhile ago.

Cavs are playing lights out and Warriors had no chance of winning last night or in game 5, bad calls or not. They better find some confidence real quick or they will be the first to lose a championship when being up 3-1.

Rooting for Cleveland solely for the fact for the city. That city has been through enough with their sports team. Give them one.

Lebron has god mode activated the last two games. Let's see if he has one more in him. Going to need someone outside of him and Irving to get 15 or so.

Last nights game was why I have a hard time watching the NBA nowadays. The calls were just horrific. There was one call on Curry in the 1st half where LeBron lowered his shoulder and extended his arm; Curry goes to the ground and they called the foul on Curry. Right then I said oh gonna be one of those games uh. I didn't watch much after. Now I am not one of the "games are rigged" guys, but there just seems to be no consistency in how games are called and often what you are watching is not even basketball. I doubt the officiating had much of an impact, maybe it did. Cleveland seemed to be on and GS didn't, but it sure seemed like the refs had an impact on how the game was played; and I don't have a dog in the fight my Celtics were gone awhile ago.

i agree with you on the inconsistency part but i think the fouls were legit. Curry was reaching in a lot or didn't have his feet set. Cleveland went large and to the rim and got fouled, simple as that. I think its even more ridiculous that Kerr should cite the fact that Curry is the MVP when arguing the fouls post-game. And throwing something at a fan is just ridiculous - even Mike Vick didn't do that. GS gets away with a lot of moving picks and kicks to the groin so for them to complain about fouls is a joke.

I am thinking any other NBA player throws mouth guard and hits a fan and they would be suspended. Lord knows they would be if it accidently hit a ref.

Reactions: BelemNole
Maybe so. But I think this is getting pretty close to NASCAR in terms of "influenced outcomes." I know Curry's wife agrees with me.

Of course she does. She's just a tad biased. I know people love to believe in these ref/league conspiracy theories, especially if they don't like one of the teams or players.

The refs in general sucked last night, don't think it was badly in favor of either team. The third foul on Love was completely non existent.

I think the refs have been inconsistent both ways.. That being said, Steve Kerr complaining that poor little 2 time mvp aint getting calls is laughable. Curry has been reaching the entire series, basically begging the refs to call something.

I think the tide has definitely shifted in Clevelands favor. LeBron is playing at an unreal level, as is Kyrie.. Couple that in with Bogut being out, Iguadala being hurt, and Barnes cant throw it in the ocean.. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Cleveland were to pull this off

I think Kerr and Curry are getting a pass.

Can you imagine if Cam Newton lost a game and blamed it on the refs, let alone hit a fan with his equipment.

Would have liked to see a reporter ask Kerr if he thinks Curry should get special treatment because he was MVP, and ask him if it was a mistake to play him with 5 fouls and so much time remaining. I don't blame Kerr for playing him, but he want's it both ways.

that said, I think Mrs. Curry is correct and GS win$ game 7 going away.

Maybe so. But I think this is getting pretty close to NASCAR in terms of "influenced outcomes." I know Curry's wife agrees with me.

Except she doesn't have a clue how then money works. The giant winner in game 7 is Golden State, not anyone else. Darren Rovell tweeted GS is set to make another ~15 million because of game 7.

If the refs call the game the same Curry needs shoulder pads. What you're seeing in this finals is why Barkley and others said the Warriors wouldn't have done as well in 'their day'.
The body blows Curry is taking have an effect. They're also flat mugging him when he doesn't have the ball. And really, not just him. It's throwing the Warriors offense totally off rhythm. Cavs have to keep it up as long as the refs allow it. 1 more game.

Reactions: Lemon Thrower
I think Kerr and Curry are getting a pass.

Can you imagine if Cam Newton lost a game and blamed it on the refs, let alone hit a fan with his equipment.

Would have liked to see a reporter ask Kerr if he thinks Curry should get special treatment because he was MVP, and ask him if it was a mistake to play him with 5 fouls and so much time remaining. I don't blame Kerr for playing him, but he want's it both ways.

that said, I think Mrs. Curry is correct and GS win$ game 7 going away.

My thoughts exactly on Kerr.. He is basically saying that Curry should get preferential treatment in regards to calls. A reporter should have told Kerr that the reason he was called for that sixth foul was because his 2 time MVP tried stealing from a 4 time MVP.. He was two MVP's short from getting that call..

Im not so sure that GS will win game 7 going away though. Like I said in my other post, they are fading at the wrong time right now.. Barnes cant shoot anymore, Iggy's back is in trouble, Bogut (rim protector) is gone. And Steph and Klay have been held in check for the most part of the series.. (Held in check by their shooting standards)

I'd still bet that GS will win, but I don't think it will be as easy as some think. And it would not shock me one bit if Cleveland were to pull this off.. Anything can happen in Game 7's as far as someone getting hot goes.

This series just proves my point that LeBron is the MVP of the league every single season IMO.. No one affects their team more than LeBron does game in and game out. Steph just doesn't give you much when he's not hitting threes. He doesn't effect games at all outside of 3 point shooting alone. Without looking up the stats, I think that LeBron is leading the series in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.. Unreal. Who else in the league controls the game more than him?

He's been unreal. But if they lose they'll give the MVP award to some rando like last year.
i

He's been unreal. But if they lose they'll give the MVP award to some rando like last year.
i

LOL.. Anyone who tries to debate those numbers instantly loses credibility. Nobody fills up a stat sheet, controls the game, and has more of an impact on the game as Lebron does.

I also like how the unanimous MVP Curry goes to the bench and his team always stays in the game or makes a run without his help.. LeBron goes to the bench and Cleveland is just trying to hold on for dear life until he gets back into the game... When his shot isnt falling, he still rebounds, defends, distributes etc.. When Curry shot doesn't fall.... He doesn't give you much... Not to sound like I hate Curry.. I dont. I respect his shooting.. But thats all he brings to the table IMO. Draymon is more valuable than Steph is to me.

Steph is a hell of a scorer and has a beautiful shot, but this finals has shown that both Green and Thompson are more valuable to the Warriors than he is as an all around "player".

GS doesn't have as much an ability to play a different style of game.

that said, they really couldn't play any worse. you have to expect improvement from several of their players, and favorable officiating, when playing at home. And LeBron hasn't proven he can score 40 EVERY game. If the Cavs win, it will deserve to go down as one of the all time great comebacks.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

grab-2016-02-07-22h08m54s17-e1454904789542.png

LeBron has been elbowing and mugging off the ball all series. He should have a ton of away from the ball fouls. And he should have plenty of offensive fouls as well.

LeBron has been elbowing and mugging off the ball all series. He should have a ton of away from the ball fouls. And he should have plenty of offensive fouls as well.

Sure, I'm ok with them calling those once they start calling the fouls they ignore every time he drives to the basket because he's a big guy.

They decided to let these playoffs get physical early on, little late to reign them in.

Reactions: vevois23
They decided to let these playoffs get physical early on, little late to reign them in.

This. You want to hear bitching about inconsistency in officiating? Let the refs start blowing the whistle on the off the ball contact.

All in all last night I thought it was pretty in even in the way they let things go and when they did blow the whistle.

Reactions: Ohio1nole
Sure and the Warriors have more moving screens and grab and pull so much to get Steph and Klay open.

this.

Kerr is going to regret complaining about officiating because you just might see some more off the ball fouls called.

LeBron complains every time he's called for a foul or when he misses a shot and needs an excuse. Should even things out.

fair point, but Lebron doesn't do it in post game pressers and he's not a coach. Coach K bitches all the time during the game but is respectful when the cameras are rolling, even if it is an act.

I will give Curry the point that officiating makes a huge difference in the game. its just that that argument has a lot of facets to it as noted above.

I respect the style that GS plays, but in part its success is due to illegal screens and in part its based on the change in the game from physical style played when MJ was winning championships.

Complaining about the refs really gets tiresome.

Ain't that the truth. Like the refs are going to change the call?

I know ..... they are lobbying to get the BOTD on the next call. Leave that to the head coach and just go on and play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT