ADVERTISEMENT

ND roll call?

stevemacc

Starter
Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
Me and the wife are driving up from Charlotte, NC. Hate ND but really want to see the campus/stadium. I'm ready for the ass beating. Gonna be cold!!!

Heading up north Friday and to South Bend early Saturday morning. Long johns, hat, scarf, gloves and hand warmers ready to go!

EDIT* My 12,000th post...I spend way too much time here:)

Last edited:
Just bought some cold weather gear yesterday. I'll be there with my teenage son and at the Packers game Sunday.

God bless those of you going to the game. I don’t even have the testicular fortitude to watch the game on TV. FSU football is just a miserable experience here of late.

Arrive early Thursday in Chicago at the moment. Potential meeting Thursday that may push my arrival time back, but I’ll be there.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
My two best friends and I arrive in Chicago at noon on Thursday! They are expecting snow for Friday and Saturday. We are taking the bus to the game run by Gameday Excursions and sponsored by Warchant and others!
So, reading between the lines, there will be no empanadas at this tailgate? Dammit!

We also signed up for a Yacht Party Friday in Lake Michigan as one of the many events associated with this company. For a Miami girl who is not used to cold -- being on a boat in Lake Michigan in snow will be fun and cold but you only live once. :Face with Tears of Joy

Reactions: Wendy79 and DFSNOLE
We go for whole experience. The game is just the reason we're in that particular area.
That's the only way to approach this game. In a way, it's actually a good thing: You can go and just enjoy the experience without any anxiety or pre-game jitters.

Now we are planning on going to Ohio State-Michigan State at noon thenhead to South Bend. Making it a double header Saturday!!
That is an awesome double header covering old school teams. What an awesome adventure. Hats off to y’all an hopes for a great time to be had by all!

Reactions: NoleFan2U
If there is anyone that needs a couple, message me. I found 2 seats in the preferred section behind the bench that I couldn’t pass up, so I have two extra I’m selling for $75 per ($145 face).

Last edited:
Me +6 will be there. Don't arrive in Chicago until Friday evening. Rented a van to drive to the stadium because I was outvoted on the booster bus. What lots will everyone be in?
Flying in a just after noon on Friday. Also taking a van to the game with a few buddies that also didn't want to go on the gameday excursions bus package or tailgate. I think some people just don't like for others to be in control of their schedule so want to leave or stay whenever they want not on the bus schedule. But my thought was that will be a miserable drive back to Chicago that late after the game. Which one of you is going to be doing that? LOL!

Reactions: iowanole1
Flying in a just after noon on Friday. Also taking a van to the game with a few buddies that also didn't want to go on the gameday excursions bus package or tailgate. I think some people just don't like for others to be in control of their schedule so want to leave or stay whenever they want not on the bus schedule. But my thought was that will be a miserable drive back to Chicago that late after the game. Which one of you is going to be doing that? LOL!
Exactly! Plus it sounds like the buses serve snacks and drinks on the way home. Oh well. We had a volunteer who is obsessively dieting right now say he would drive back.

I don't think we will make the welcome party put on by the Windy City Seminole Club Friday night but we are going to take the group to Gino's East in the Loop.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
Heading up Tuesday as this trip will coincide with our anniversary. We are on the Irish Express bus package so while I'll be with a fair amount of Irish fans, looking forward to not driving at all.

That's the only way to approach this game. In a way, it's actually a good thing: You can go and just enjoy the experience without any anxiety or pre-game jitters.

Yep, it's actually nice to go to the game now knowing FSU is going to get destroyed and don't have any anxiousness at all prior to a big game.

Reactions: stevemacc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT