ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix Marvel series...

GA.NOLE

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2005
So I just finished the Iron fist and starting the defenders. I didn't realize he is one of the defenders. So my question is do I need to watch Luke cage and or Jessica Jones before the defenders? Never a Comic reader so I don't know what is what. Luckliy I watched iron fist first. I thought it was pretty good. What say you comic book gurus?

If you still want to go on with the series after Iron Fist, you're in for some great entertainment with Jessica (both seasons), Luke Cage, and at least season one of Daredevil.

I never read the comics either.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
You really kind of need to watch those series in the order they were released to get the whole gist of it. And consider yourself lucky, because Iron Fist was the worst of the bunch. Go back and pick up S1 Daredevil and Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage and you'll be on track.

So I just finished the Iron fist and starting the defenders. I didn't realize he is one of the defenders. So my question is do I need to watch Luke cage and or Jessica Jones before the defenders? Never a Comic reader so I don't know what is what. Luckliy I watched iron fist first. I thought it was pretty good. What say you comic book gurus?

Iron Fist is probably the worst of the Netflix series (although the Punisher was very disappointing to me as well), so you should definitely go back and watch Daredevil Season 1, Jessica Jones Season 1, Luke Cage and Daredevil Season 2 in that order BEFORE seeing Defenders. Both seasons of Daredevil and the first season of Jessica Jones are five stars. Luke Cage starts as a five star series but there’s a change midseason in “bad guys” and the replacements are a step down NOT a step up. Cottonmouth and Black Mariah are far better characters played by far better actors than Diamondback and Shades. So I didn’t bother finishing Luke Cage, I just read the synopsis for the final couple of episodes. But the first half is GREAT.

Reactions: On Iowa
You really kind of need to watch those series in the order they were released to get the whole gist of it. And consider yourself lucky, because Iron Fist was the worst of the bunch. Go back and pick up S1 Daredevil and Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage and you'll be on track.

You need Daredevil Season 2 after finishing JJ and LC.

I didn’t care for either season of JJ and didn’t think IF was as bad as others make it seem.

JJ season 2 didn't have a real super villain compared to her season one nemesis. I thought it was every bit as good, though, if not better. Developed Jessica's character very well.

JJ season 2 didn't have a real super villain compared to her season one nemesis. I thought it was every bit as good, though, if not better. Developed Jessica's character very well.
This. And it sets up the development of another character. Lots of backstory to be had.

yeah I'd watch DD1 - Jessica Jones 1 - Daredevil 2 - Luke Cage 1 - Iron Fist - Defenders.

Jessica Jones 2 is good, but takes place technically after Defenders.

If you actually liked Iron Fist, then definitely do watch those others and in the order listed above before Defenders as they are so much better. The side characters in Iron Fist weren't bad. I actually really liked the owners of the company, but God was the main character terrible.

yeah I'd watch DD1 - Jessica Jones 1 - Daredevil 2 - Luke Cage 1 - Iron Fist - Defenders.

If you actually liked Iron Fist, then definitely do watch those others and in the order listed above before Defenders as they are so much better. The side characters in Iron Fist weren't bad. I actually really liked the owners of the company, but God was the main character terrible.

Yes, the actor playing Iron Fist was both a horrendous actor AND a horrendous martial artist. I have no idea other than the gay casting couch why he would have been selected over any number of better people.

Daredevil was really good, and Nick Cage was damn good. JJ dragged for me, no matter how good her toochis looked. IF was ok -- the females cast kept me interested.

I watched all of both seasons of Daredevil, about three episodes of Jessica Jones, one episode of Luke Cage, and no episodes of Iron Fist (thanks to reviews on here), and I still watched and enjoyed the Defenders series. I guess I watched just enough of the other series to get the characters. Enough people are enthusiastic about the Jessica Jones and Luke Cage series that I have no problem stipulating they are good, they just weren't my thing, whether it was pace, tone, or what. It wasn't the acting, which was fine, and I enjoyed all the characters in the Defenders.

If you liked Iron Fist I don't see why you wouldn't want to watch the others, but if you absolutely couldn't, with a few episodes of Jessica Jones and a couple of Luke Cage, you could probably follow the Defenders. But might as well watch them all, The Defenders series isn't going anywhere.

Daredevil was really good, and Nick Cage was damn good. JJ dragged for me, no matter how good her toochis looked. IF was ok -- the females cast kept me interested.

But this isn't a Marvel device....
nicolas-cage-superman-teen-titans-animated.png

Yes he was pretty bad but his gf is sure nice to look at

On my 2nd episode of Jessica Jones. It's got me interested so far.

I though Daredevil and Punisher were great, and I thought Luke Cage was solid as well. I haven't watched Jessica Jones though.

I though Daredevil and Punisher were great, and I thought Luke Cage was solid as well. I haven't watched Jessica Jones though.
I'd rank them as DD Season 1, Punisher, DD Season 2, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones Season 1, Jessica Jones Season 2, The Defenders, Iron Fist.

Reactions: noleclone2
I'd rank them as DD Season 1, Punisher, DD Season 2, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones Season 1, Jessica Jones Season 2, The Defenders, Iron Fist.

I’m a little different, mainly in the Jessica Jones and Punisher ratings. I think the actor (aka Shane from TWD) who portrays the Punisher is fantastic (unlike Iron Fist who is TERRIBLE) but I absolutely hated the standalone Punisher series. He was great as that character in Daredevil though.

I’d rank them...

Five Stars (Must Watch)
1) Jessica Jones S1 (ever so slightly better than the DD series because of the best villain in Marvel tv or cinema period)
2) Daredevil S1 (ever so slightly better than S2)
3) Daredevil S2

Four Stars
None

Three Stars
4) Luke Cage (but it’s weird as the first half is five stars and the second half is two stars)
5) Jessica Jones S2 (a solid two and a half at the start and a three and a half at the end)

Two Stars
6) The Defenders (the buildup was much better than the team up)
7) The Punisher

One Star (Unwatchable)
8) Iron Fist

I agree on the Luke Cage comment. The first 8 episodes (I think) are amazing. But once they move past CottonMouth it falls apart. It really should have stopped there instead of pushing it further.

I finished the 1st season of Jessica Jones. Now watching DD. Good so far. The ball headed crime boss , is that the fat kid from full metal jacket that killed the drill sergeant and himself?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT