ADVERTISEMENT

Norvell, Coaches and what I know..

nrodin

Starter
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I said last week it is still Norvell, and I will say now as well- From what I hear, most of the staff is in place- Chip Long (Notre Dame) OC is coming (unless he is offered the job at Memphis) Glenn Schumanns will be the DC (Georgia) This one I am not all in on yet as it could be Lanning.. I also heard Tbuck on staff. Odell retained DL but could possibly step aside, Briles is the wild card with Chip Long status. Everyone else is out. They will Hit the road hard on Monday recruiting. The only one offering scholarships is Briles which Universities would not allow if they know they are gone so don't know about that. The One thing I know for sure is It's Norvell!

This is a great hire and we were not necessarily in a bidding war per se because the MAN WANTED THIS JOB! Other schools in fact all the open ones wanted him. That is what FSU needs right now the man that WANTED the job. Stoops was entertained for 30 seconds and a crow bar was needed to pry him away to listen- (Not the guy)

Say what you want about Norvell but in 3-4 years we will be hoping he doesn't jump to the NFL- No one (nationally) thinks this is a bad hire, or too soon, It a great hire and one we should all get behind. Go Noles!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News