ADVERTISEMENT

Norvell might be the real thing

nooniebird74

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2006
I’m not basing this on the win last night. I’m basing this on what I’ve seen from the Louisville blowout in 2016 till Travis came in during the Jax St. Game. With Covid, and all of the drama we had to deal with during the off season, 4 years worth of quitting, and being stuck with that same roster... I’m thinking Norvell might be the next thing in college ball.

Is he a Saban or Meyer? No.... Does he have the financial resources of the blue bloods in college ball? No. Is he in his 30s and has a super long runway? Yes. Does he have a butt load of energy? Yes.

I‘ve already seen mental resuscitation of a program that’s been in a coma now for many years. I’ve seen development of players that looked like they didn’t belong in college ball. I’ve seen development in curing the cancer in a lot of these players minds. I’ve seen a BEHAVIORAL change from negativity to admittance of faults and an accountability mindset of players.

It would be easy to say that once he has a roster of HIS guys we will be something to behold. THATS obvious. Yes, FSU is easier to recruit at than programs where other good coaches have taken over at. Yes, it will be easier for FSU to rise to the top than somewhere like Virginia, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Minnesota, etc (great up and coming coaches). Norvell TOOK THE RISK OF COMING TO FSU. This guy isn’t here to do anything besides winning championships.

He could have stayed at Memphis and been their hero for life. He is the example every player of his has to aspire to. People like Norvell shed negative and backwards thinking people away. Check the transfers. No scholarship cancellation conversations had to be made. They were either naturally weak, or so riddled with mental cancer that the treatment for their disease was to much for them to take.

Why didn’t any of the hot names in coaching want to take the FSU Job? Were they weak like our transfer players? Maybe, maybe not. Norvell is the one and only ”up and coming coach” that risked it all. He has already created a change here at FSU. We used to call Bobby the riverboat gambler. Well... Norvell is a gambler as well. Folks, we might have found our next Great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News