ADVERTISEMENT

Now Cat 4 Michael

@DFSNOLE. Time to change the thread title again. Hit Cat 4 overnight around 4am and is still strengthening with winds up to 140 now with around 10 more hrs of possible strengthening before the eye hits land.

Can be on the very top of a 4 by land fall. When will it turn NE towards the Tallahassee area.

It will be devastating. I cannot begin to imagine what it will be like.

Seems like he does not want to turn east. That would be good for Tally if the turn is late.

Still hard to fathom we have the strongest hurricane in 167 years of recorded history for panhandle big bend hitting Wednesday morning and almost everyone first became aware of it Sunday...when it was looking like a TS or possibly CAT 1 could hit...on Thursday.

Many of you know I live in Tallahassee, but grew up and even moved back for a while after FSU in Panama City. This will be the worst storm I’ve ever seen. GW, I hope you stay safe. Hopefully you and my other friends are quick to check in.

Reactions: goldmom
Still hard to fathom we have the strongest hurricane in 167 years of recorded history for panhandle big bend hitting Wednesday morning and almost everyone first became aware of it Sunday...when it was looking like a TS or possibly CAT 1 could hit...on Thursday.
My house in Ga is 6 hours away from my place in Mexico Beach. I was in MB this weekend. There just wasn’t enough time to do everything needed to completely get ready for this. If it is even possible to get ready for this. I would have borrowed a 1 ton truck to pull my boat farther inland, if I would have had time.

Man o man

Camille is coming to mind here, this monster is scary for real

I hope people were able to get out

Those of you that stayed, it’s gonna be scary and noisy

Hunker down in a closet or bathroom

Those in high flood areas, have a plan in place to get to higher ground in the home, with a plan to get out

Remember Katrina people were stuck in their attics

I fear the worst, but am hoping for the best!

My prayers are with you all

I don't think by the Campus being "Closed" they mean evacuated. I would think the students would be able to shelter in their dorm rooms. Classroom buildings are closed and university staff don't need to report to work. I am guessing this also means the dining halls and student centers will also be closed, so students won't have anywhere to go, other than they dorms.
I hope everyone's taken advantage of their free birth control.

Very light rain. Slight breeze here in Southwood. Time to take one last hot shower for a while.

Good luck my friend, we lost power for two weeks with Katrina and almost three weeks with Wilma. If you have a generator, get as much fuel as you can, fill up those tubs to flush toilets, and get any ice you can get.
All my best....if you get through ok structurally, it will simply be a major/minor pain in the ass for a period of time...

Reactions: goldmom
Andrew was Bad as hell, thankfully it was moving fast like 20 mph if I remember right

Slow monsters= devastation

Actually a slow moving cat 2 can cause a lot of damage

The last recon drop from the hurricane hunter plane is showing the jog east may have started.

We planned a weeks vacation at PCB starting Saturday in a condo. Condo has been booked for months. Keep the updates coming as we are traveling from Indiana. What's the approximate time it's suppose to hit land?

Good mornin sir

Is it a ghost town up there?

Gets real eerie just before landfall when no ones moving around outside!

We planned a weeks vacation at PCB starting Saturday in a condo. Condo has been booked for months. Keep the updates coming as we are traveling from Indiana. What's the approximate time it's suppose to hit land?
You might as well cancel. Panama City is in the crosshairs of a Cat 4. They will not be recovered in 3 days.

Hope everyone on here in the path of Hurricane Michael is prepared and safe right now. Though no two Hurricanes are the same, I understand your angst after experiencing Hurricane Harvey last August.

In the event you were going to Panama City Beach for the BEACH, you might want to reconsider.

Last edited:
Ugh. So much of the big bend area isn’t built for severe storms. I’m really wishing the best for everyone there.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleinATL
I'm sure all of these folks will keep your redneck vacation plans top of mind!

Are you speaking the english language?! Try keeping it on topic or zip it! Did I speak clearly enough? Now, back to the topic at hand. I am thinking the beaches have sustained heavy winds and rain in the past. If by chance PCB doesn't get a direct hit, is there a chance the aftermath would be restored by Saturday?

Are you speaking the english language?! Try keeping it on topic or zip it! Did I speak clearly enough? Now, back to the topic at hand. I am thinking the beaches have sustained heavy winds and rain in the past. If by chance PCB doesn't get a direct hit, is there a chance the aftermath would be restored by Saturday?
Do you not get the Weather Channel? Jim Cantore is in Panama City. Or are you just not watching it?

PCB is going to get a close enough to direct hit that residents won't even be able to get home by Saturday. The beaches won't be recognizable, houses, condos, etc. are going to be severely damaged, roads are going to be washed away.

Cancel your vacation and look to go elsewhere.

Meanwhile I have some dude repeatedly posting updates of buoys that are measuring top winds at 66 knots.

Something is off with the readings on those buoys I’m guessing.

Hope all of y’all in the crosshairs stay safe as possible.

You're worried about your $500 vacation and asking for updates from people who are worried about their homes and personal safety. Take a hike.

This is a storm unlike any that the panhandle has ever experienced. Panama City is forecast to have 145+mph sustained winds, gusts 150+ and a storm surge of 10' above ground level. It's not going to be pretty.

Reactions: noleone99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT