ADVERTISEMENT

OFFENSIVE LINE.....Then and now!!!!

Shawn7711

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
So...I've been pretty vocal on these boards for 8 years claiming that without a competent offensive line nothing else on the team matters. Logic being that is that without being able to sustain a drive due to false starts, QB sacks, rushed passes, etc. the defense gets tired and demoralized. Obviously the offense get demoralized. Hard to keep running hard and crisp routes if every time you look back the QB is either running for his life or sitting on his butt. Hard to develop confidence as a QB if you are running busted play after busted play. Hard to coach up a team if you can't execute plays consistently.

You can compensate for almost every position group on the field including QB but you cannot compensate for a bad O'line. Second would be a bad D'line but at least then you can still outscore opponents or run safety blitzes or drop linebackers in to coverage etc.etc.

Anywho..I realize this isn't exactly revolutionary or unique opinion, I've just thought having such a sub-par offensive line for soooooo long really crippled the development of all aspects of this program from culture to player development to confidence to recruiting to morale.

All that is to say....I guess the proof will be in the pudding now. Not that we will have the best Oline in the country but we should have an above average o'line and the best in the ACC (outside of maybe Clemson.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News