ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line....

Fishbits

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
Aug 1, 2022
The line did not play well yesterday but the reality is it is still light years ahead of where they were two years ago. I know some will say well lets go the portal. If there is one area of the team I really don't agree with this strategy it is OL. OL is built through five guys all being on the same page. Five guys who have put in the time together and know what each other is going to do. Plugging an playing a random player from another team does not help that much. If you look the transfers brought in on the offensive line have been solid at best. How FSU is going to end up with an elite OL again is by recruiting and developing talent.

Last year’s class was a great start....

Julian Armella-OT
Kanaya Charlton-OG
Jaylen Early-OT
Qaeshon Sapp-OG
Daughtry Richardson-OT
Antavious Woody-OT/OG/C

You have six guys in this class who are very talented. You have players who are versatile in the class....

Now you add

Lucas Simmons-OT
Rod Kearney-OG

That brings the number to 8. FSU should try and bring in at least 1 if not two more.

Now the rest of the guys....

Rod Orr-FR
Lloyd Willis-SO
Maurice Smith-SO
Darius Washington-SO
Thomas Shrader-SO
Robert Scott-SO
Bryson Estes-FR

That is 15 players to pull from....Willis played in the BC game and had a good grade in the game. Next year is the year I really expected him to start. He was super raw coming out of HS. This is where you need to be patient. He gives you size and athletic ability on the outside. Orr is a name not mentioned much...That is fine because he was raw and needed time to develop. Washington is not a tackle. He is a guard or center. Scott was FSU best tackle before going out. Estes and Shrader have been developed. You can expect 2-3 transfers but I really want to see what this group does in the spring. I feel that next season you will finally see that the patience paid off. I expect FSU OL to be one of the best in the ACC.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News