ADVERTISEMENT

Official World Series Thread

Now the Sox are whining about Machado stealing signs. Highest payroll and biggest cry babies in the league. Betts and JD need a fastball in the ribs.
There's nothing wrong with an on the field player or coach stealing signs. Teams should conceal them better if they're worried.

That said, Machado is a dirty piece of crap.

Man. This kid has some nasty stuff. 98 on last pitch of 7th to fan JD. heck of a performance

Cant groove that one Jansen

The 2 out streak stays alive

wow..this is a good game
so clean early and some bobbles late and we are tied

Great heads up base running by Muncy to get in position

Well, I crashed at about 11. Woke up to see who won, now I am back up to watch. Unreal.

Reactions: noleclone2
Crap, now I wish I had stayed asleep. That is a massive momentum swing.

Huge amount of fun out here. Watched the game on campus with the kids and have great tickets for Sunday. Definitely feels like we got a 2-4-1 tonight.

Reactions: FSUSarah
Saw the highlights this morning, that stadium was bonkers. Equal almost to the celebration of Gibson's HR in '88.

Saw the highlights this morning, that stadium was bonkers. Equal almost to the celebration of Gibson's HR in '88.
I can imagine...I can assure you though that I did not stay up until 3:30 EDT this morning to see it live!

I went to bed when the Red Sox took the lead in the 11th(?), and assumed they'd close it out. Just saw the error from 2B to 1B...since I hate the red Sox, I hope this is their new Buckner moment.....

(but I expect the red sox to win the series)

Last night was the kind of game that can and probably will change the whole series. Not from a momentum perspective but from an exhaustion and burned up pitching staff. Who is going to start for Boston?

By Ian Browne MLB.com @IanMBrowne
5:56 AM EDT

Reactions: mjpwooo
Shocked that Cora isn’t asking for a review on that play. Berlinger was inside the baseline, and the ball throw hit him. That is an out.

Tied in the 8th inning
tenor.gif

I really thought Boston was sacrificing this game by starting Price tonight just to get it back to Boston. And now Kershaw is messing that up haha
Perhaps Cora was aware of Price's career stats with tonight's home plate ump.

Red Sox dominated throughout the whole season and playoffs. That’s a helluva team. Bad news is most of their best players are young, they could run off a couple more. Woof

Reactions: hatsbo
I imagine this will get some attention today: Since the start of the new millennium, Boston pro sports teams have won 5 Super Bowls, 4 World Series, 1 Stanley Cup, and 1 NBA Championship.

I imagine this will get some attention today: Since the start of the new millennium, Boston pro sports teams have won 5 Super Bowls, 4 World Series, 1 Stanley Cup, and 1 NBA Championship.
We'll take it as I live vicariously through my Boston sports teams. Well FSU, I've shut down any emotional connection for the season, I'm a masochist, but this team has taken suckage to a new level.

Reactions: noleclone2
Highest payroll in the league - by about $23 mil
True, but also lot of Boston drafted players and smart trades. You trade for good players, you get higher payroll. They're not all mercenaries, look at Steve Pierce, Nunez, Kinsler. Plus look around the league, top end players the Bosox drafted are playing at a high level everywhere.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I'm selfish and wanted 7 games. But Boston was better. Congrats BoSox!!
Thanks Sarah, this was a great team to watch because they won it all, but I enjoy watching even when we suck to a certain extent. I focus in on individual performances as well. in 2015 we finished last, but it was fun watching the youngsters like Metts, Bogaerts, Holt and Bradley maturing.

One thing my son and I were talking about yesterday was the fact that Boston clinched all three of their series on the road. They never put themselves in the position of the pressure of an elimination game.
I'm sure it's happened before but I'm too lazy to look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT