ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss-FSU tickets

billyfsu76

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Orlando, FL
I somehow had a piece of good luck today. I go on Facebook approx. once a month. But today I received an email that a relative had sent me a message on there. I log in to reply to the message and the first thing on my feed was a post from a local FSU group that "non-priority" tickets to the Ole Miss game (whatever that means) were now on sale?

I hadn't seen that anywhere else so I bought two through the FSU website. I'm not a booster so maybe this is old news for people but just thought I'd share that they appear to be on sale. I hadn't seen that announced or posted anywhere else so if you're in the dark like me and want to get tickets, they're available.

If that's true, that would be a really bad move by the Boosters. There will be some upset boosters if they are denied what they request and they sold some to non boosters.

If that's true, that would be a really bad move by the Boosters. There will be some upset boosters if they are denied what they request and they sold some to non boosters.

I was quite surprised that they made some tickets available. The Citrus Bowl only holds about 65,000 (I think). Divide that by two and you've got a ton of FSU fans from all over trying to get at approx. just 30,000 tickets for a marquee event.

I called the ticket office today and they said that all tickets for this game were request only. They are taking requests from Boosters and Non-Boosters. So, it seems that these aren't guaranteed.

I called the ticket office today and they said that all tickets for this game were request only. They are taking requests from Boosters and Non-Boosters. So, it seems that these aren't guaranteed.
I thought this was the case, but they don't suggest that anywhere on the page. I went ahead and purchased 4 lower level corner seats, but based on what you were told, I doubt I'll actually get them. Sucks.

I didn't see anything online about a possibility of not getting the tickets? The charge has been posted to my credit card so, if I don't get the tickets, let's hope I get a refund with some interest.

I called them again this afternoon and this time the guy told me they were selling tickets. I guess you are getting them. I just question selling tickets before they know what the boosters will request.

I'm still skeptical. The fact that they are advertising them as non priority tickets is concerning. I remember way back when we played Bama in Jacksonville, I made the request for tickets and my credit card was charged, but I didn't get tickets and they gave me a credit back.

I ordered as well, the ticket confirmation says as follows

orders are subject to availability. Processing of payment does not constitute final acceptance of order. In the event that demand exceeds supply, we reserve the right to establish order limits based on renewal policy and contribution levels. Refunds will be made for the portion of the order not filled.

Hah. I have no real answer to that. I don't know the benefits or the cost really. I always assumed that it was mainly for those who could afford to give thousands a year.

For those of us non boosters that bought tickets this route, any idea of when we'll be notified if we've been "rewarded" with the tickets? My brother was telling me he heard that all requests for the Ole Miss game must be received by April 18th and if this is the case, I hope they can inform us shortly after that.

Hah. I have no real answer to that. I don't know the benefits or the cost really. I always assumed that it was mainly for those who could afford to give thousands a year.

Its not as expensive as you would think. I just did it this year, my first time.

As of this morning, the ticket office said that no tickets were available for purchase. They suggested I check back in a couple of weeks. I'm disappointed that I missed the purchasing window. I'm not sure how I missed it, but evidently it wasn't heavily publicized??

Update on these Ole Miss tickets. I am booster and had two reserved on 30 yard line. They ended up putting me in endzone this week based off demand. When I called they told me most request ever for a neutral site game. They need to do in Jax again. We had fun beating Bama last time and had 77k packed in that day. O-town is too small for big events. Except the Pro Bowl I guess, but do not consider that a big event if they move it there.

Update on these Ole Miss tickets. I am booster and had two reserved on 30 yard line. They ended up putting me in endzone this week based off demand. When I called they told me most request ever for a neutral site game. They need to do in Jax again. We had fun beating Bama last time and had 77k packed in that day. O-town is too small for big events. Except the Pro Bowl I guess, but do not consider that a big event if they move it there.

I don't think the town is too small for that kind of event. I actually would argue that it is much more suited for a large-scale event than Jacksonville. The stadium, however, is better in Jacksonville to me, in terms of size and location. Is that what you meant?

Did you actually receive your tickets in the mail, or they just told you where your seats are when you called? I ordered tickets through the FSU site but I am not a booster, so I'm assuming that I will not be getting tickets. Is it too soon to call and find out for sure?

I don't think the town is too small for that kind of event. I actually would argue that it is much more suited for a large-scale event than Jacksonville. The stadium, however, is better in Jacksonville to me, in terms of size and location. Is that what you meant?

Did you actually receive your tickets in the mail, or they just told you where your seats are when you called? I ordered tickets through the FSU site but I am not a booster, so I'm assuming that I will not be getting tickets. Is it too soon to call and find out for sure?

Check your Seminoles.com account. My seats are listed already

Check your Seminoles.com account. My seats are listed already

Thanks. I see mine listed as well, with the actual row and seat number, so I'm guessing that's where I'm seated. Kind of stoked to see that it's official. Do you have "printed date" listed yet? Mine is still blank.

Thanks. I see mine listed as well, with the actual row and seat number, so I'm guessing that's where I'm seated. Kind of stoked to see that it's official. Do you have "printed date" listed yet? Mine is still blank.
I don't think they are yours until it says printed.

Mine is still blank, but I also verified with the ticket office those were my seats

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT