ADVERTISEMENT

OMG - this FSU Quote in the move, "The Machine"...

SemiNo.1e

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2003
MV5BMjE0OWE1NTItZjRiNi00OTc2LWE3MjktYTBjZWQ5NWFiNjkwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

The lead in "The Machine", who is, well, the Machine, says this when he's about to go hand to hand against a Russian mafia badass...

"I went to Florida State. All we know how to do is fight, 💥 and drink. And I can't 💥 worth shit. " And then lifts both fists, ready to brawl. 😂😂😂

This guy is all over social media and has made being an FSU frat boy into a multi million dollar deal.
He really has! This is how his meteoric comedy rise began...

Back in 1997, FSU was rated the #1 party school. And Bert Kreischer was rated our #1 partier by Rolling Stone and they do a story on him. That story was the basis of the National Lampoon movie Van Wilder.

Last edited:
MV5BMjE0OWE1NTItZjRiNi00OTc2LWE3MjktYTBjZWQ5NWFiNjkwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

The lead in "The Machine", who is, well, the Machine, says this when he's about to go hand to hand against a Russian mafia badass...

"I went to Florida State. All we know how to do is fight, 💥 and drink. And I can't 💥 worth shit. " And then lifts both fists, ready to brawl. 😂😂😂

Is the movie worth watching?

GO NOLES!!!

gotta check it out. Van Wilder is one of my guilty favorites.

Is the movie worth watching?

GO NOLES!!!
It’s exactly what you’d expect to see. Silliness, no thick plot, some action and comedy that you need to suspend reality for. It’s a good kill of 2 hours and you won’t watch again. I was blown away that Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) was his dad. I’m like, wait a minute, the age difference can’t be enough, and then, ohhhh yeah, it is. 😔

But then his quote about us Noles - I choked when he said that!

Best fraternity on campus in the late 80’s,-early 90’s.
🙄
Was that before Jim Smith (Attorney General and ATO alum) had them banned for a few years for setting the ATO house on fire?

ATO - like my younger brother. 🤡
goldmom, my little brother was an ATO in the early 70s. They were Animal House. He would ride his Harley upstairs and he kept large snakes in his room.
Our SAE housemother (the ATOs of my brother had no housemother) at Emory had been the FSU ATO housemother in the late 50s. She said they would throw food at her at dinner.

Reactions: goldmom
goldmom, my little brother was an ATO in the early 70s. They were Animal House. He would ride his Harley upstairs and he kept large snakes in his room.
Our SAE housemother (the ATOs of my brother had no housemother) at Emory had been the FSU ATO housemother in the late 50s. She said they would throw food at her at dinner.
If you were at FSU when I was you’d know that most of the fraternities had an Animal House vibe.
When my husband and I went to see Animal House in late ‘78 we were certain one of the writers had gone to FSU.
The fact that the ATO’s had no housemother was a benefit for my brother. He was a Hotel and Restaurant major and they made him the House Manager so he ran the kitchen and lived in that putrid dump for free. He got some old lady who had been a house cleaner at the DG house to cook and at one point he helped with the cooking too. He was there ‘73-76.
My sister and I still give him a ton of grief- especially after he moved to an apartment in a complex behind Kens (gone now) and the only thing that was ever in his refrigerator was enough mold to start a penicillin factory. The place smelled of stale beer, puke, and Hai Karate. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
I didn't know any fraternity had a house mother in the early 70's. Mine didn't (FIJI).

Sigma Chis still had one - at least until 1971
Mom Fletcher at least until 1984 when I graduated. I remember from mother's Day we used to go to church with her. The pastor even announced it when she had 50 to 70 guys at church with her. No telling how many had massive hangovers.

One favorite Animal House event was the Neanderthal ball. Different shots at every room. Mattresses at the bottom of the stairway as we slid down the stairs and cardboard boxes to crash into the bottom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT