ADVERTISEMENT

Oscars

I have not seen one single movie nominated for best picture, director, actor, actress, supporting actor, or supporting actress. However, I do have The Grand Budapest Hotel saved on the DVR.

I have seen Boyhood, Birdman, Grand Budapest, and Theory of Everything.

I would have Boyhood and Theory in a tie at the top with Grand Budapest close behind. Birdman is one of those love it or hate it movies, but I think it will win best director. Very close for best picture, and I don't know what might win.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

WHAT WILL WIN:

Best Picture - Boyhood
Best Director - Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Birdman
Best Actor - Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything
Best Actress - Julianne Moore, Still Alice
Best Supporting Actor - J.K. Simmons, Whiplash
Best Supporting Actress - Patricia Arquette, Boyhood

WHAT I WOULD VOTE FOR:

Best Picture - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Best Actor - [Write In] Ralph Fiennes, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Best Actress - Marion Cotillard, Two Days, One Night
Best Supporting Actor - Robert Duvall, The Judge (not because of anything to do with the movie - didn't even see it - just because he's a bad ass)
Best Support Actress - [Write In] Marion Bailey, Mr. Turner

flameing host dampens the whole thing. Him and tebow would make a great romantic comedy together, except there is nothing funny about being a

Originally posted by billyfsu76:
WHAT WILL WIN:

Best Picture - Boyhood

WHAT I WOULD VOTE FOR:

Best Picture - The Grand Budapest Hotel
Best Actor - [Write In] Ralph Fiennes, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Best Actress - Marion Cotillard, Two Days, One Night
Best Supporting Actor - Robert Duvall, The Judge (not because of anything to do with the movie - didn't even see it - just because he's a bad ass)
Best Support Actress - [Write In] Marion Bailey, Mr. Turner
Good List. Mine would be:

Best Pic: American Sniper
Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch Imitation Game (agree on Fiennes for write in)
Best Supporting Actor: Robert Duval (and I did see it
wink.r191677.gif
)
Best Actress: Keira whatever for Imitation Game
Best screen play: The Grand Budapest Hotel

Disclaimer: Haven't seen Birdman or Boyhood.

Originally posted by ggmike1992:
I have not seen one single movie nominated for best picture, director, actor, actress, supporting actor, or supporting actress. However, I do have The Grand Budapest Hotel saved on the DVR.
Same here. Grand Budapest was on while I slept in front of the TV, so technically I watched it.

Originally posted by d'ster:
flameing host dampens the whole thing. Him and tebow would make a great romantic comedy together, except there is nothing funny about being a
I could care less about NPH's sexual preference, I just can't stand him. I think he is very plain as an actor and I don't find him funny at.

I feel the same way about Ellen and her acting and she comes across very plain to me, but it showed that she had some decent writers last year and she was funny and I thought that the she did a good job hosting the awards.

Heck, I would take Billy Crystal for the 30th straight time over Harris.

My major problem is that they are too long and I lose interest real fast, especially of the host, like NPH, doesn't keep my interest.

Throw Dice Clay up there and I would watch just to see him push the envelope.
laugh.r191677.gif
Seriously, I think Kevin Spacey would be a decent host, as he seemed to enjoy Ellen's antics last year and I would think that he could pull it off. Spacey can be dry, but also funny.

Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon, in a way, does this sort of thing every night.

I read this an thought no way, but the more I think about, John Travolta would be a decent host, IMO.

If Selma does not win best picture, will Kanye jump up on stage and show his azz ?
ashamed0006.r191677.gif

Originally posted by seminole72:
Good List. Mine would be:

Best Pic: American Sniper
Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch Imitation Game (agree on Fiennes for write in)
Best Supporting Actor: Robert Duval (and I did see it
wink.r191677.gif
)
Best Actress: Keira whatever for Imitation Game
Best screen play: The Grand Budapest Hotel

Disclaimer: Haven't seen Birdman or Boyhood.
Like this list. Haven't seen American Sniper but I hear very good things.

I thought Boyhood was a waste of time. Nothing happened to make his life movie worthy in my opinion, I didn't get it.

Loved The Judge.

Got bored watching the Grand Budapest previews so i won't watch, same with Birdman but will watch it for Keaton

Haven't seen Sniper or Selma but want to

Nph is hilarious and über talented. The fact you mention his sexuality tells me someone has some insecurity about themselves. Or thinks this is 1970 when a persons sexuality is an issue for a lot of bigoted people

Originally posted by BelemNole:
NPH is funny. Someone up above has some issues to work through.
Here is his/her tagline under his profile...

If Heaven Ain't Alot Like Dixie I Don't Want To Go

Sounds like a real gem.

Originally posted by d'ster:
Somewhere, a village is missing its idiot.

Originally posted by billyfsu76:
WHAT WILL WIN:

Best Picture - Boyhood

Only got one wrong. Impressive!

Hollywood always nominates movies that most don't give a damn about, the public votes with their money. American Sniper has grossed more than all other nominated best picture films combined!!

As for the Oscars, it has turned even worse politically. Talking about "fighting for women's rights" in the nation that is female centric while not even MENTIONING women forced to get their genitals mutilated, women being raped and sold into slavery or that "hashtag" effort to get the abducted little girls that are being raped and tortured back.

It was equally nice to see the Mexican director preach to us how we're all immigrants so OBVIOUSLY we need to allow the flood from the south to continue.

Nice little plug by the "hands up" Selma actor, nice to know that we're still fighting for civil rights as Hollywood sees it..

The other thing better is seeing previews for Mr "anti gun" Sean Penn's film, the Gunman..

Originally posted by noleville:
Hollywood always nominates movies that most don't give a damn about, the public votes with their money. American Sniper has grossed more than all other nominated best picture films combined!!

As for the Oscars, it has turned even worse politically. Talking about "fighting for women's rights" in the nation that is female centric while not even MENTIONING women forced to get their genitals mutilated, women being raped and sold into slavery or that "hashtag" effort to get the abducted little girls that are being raped and tortured back.

It was equally nice to see the Mexican director preach to us how we're all immigrants so OBVIOUSLY we need to allow the flood from the south to continue.

Nice little plug by the "hands up" Selma actor, nice to know that we're still fighting for civil rights as Hollywood sees it..

The other thing better is seeing previews for Mr "anti gun" Sean Penn's film, the Gunman..
Aren't you being a little hyperbolic? Did a movie you really like not win or something?

This post was edited on 2/23 7:31 PM by TexasGooner

Grand Budapest is really good. Whiplash is just as good and jk Simmons is absolutely astounding as an actor. And I thought imitation game was amazing. Still wanna see bird man

Originally posted by larandtra:
Grand Budapest is really good. Whiplash is just as good and jk Simmons is absolutely astounding as an actor. And I thought imitation game was amazing. Still wanna see bird man
Only best picture nominated movies I didn't see were Imitation Game and Selma.

Favorites were also Grand Budapest and Whiplash. Grand Budapest was beautiful, possibly my favorite Wes Anderson film.

Whiplash made me a nervous wreck. J. K. Simmons was startlingly convincing and brutal. The music was vibrant and I really connected to the film more than the others.

I thought Theory of Everything was good as well, Eddie Redmayne was fantastic. Love Michael Keaton, but didn't care for Birdman.

Boyhood was gimmicky, amazing effort to create the film, but wasn't very fulfilling.

American Sniper was good, but not sure about Oscar worthy.

I was very surprised that Birdman won, to be honest, but I can appreciate the artistry of the film.

Originally posted by Banditking:
It is humorous seeing the women's rights issue for equal pay parroted by multi millionaires who don't really have much in the way of attachment to the 99 percent.
Why is that humorous? Is it also funny to support rights of minorities if I am white?

Originally posted by given2fly:
It is humorous seeing the women's rights issue for equal pay parroted by multi millionaires who don't really have much in the way of attachment to the 99 percent.
Why is that humorous? Is it also funny to support rights of minorities if I am white?
It's humorous that women think getting equal pay is a right. It's a union line, not a right.

No, what's "humorous" is that in a female centric nation, where women are protected and their freedoms assured she took the opportunity to make a speech about the phoney pay gap but didn't mention supporting women being forced into marriages, genital mutilation or the Islamic rape justification of women and children. Just like the constant attack of Christian values without ever mentioning any other religions.

Originally posted by SWFNole:

It's humorous that women think getting equal pay is a right. It's a union line, not a right.
Right there with ya. Who are these women that want to get paid fairly? I, for one, love making more money than my female co-workers that do the same job and have the same level of education. That's just he way God intended it. They're lucky they get a paycheck at all! Should just stay in the kitchen where nature intended. Amirite?

Originally posted by SWFNole:

Oy.

You don't think that Eastwood's choice to use a plastic baby with some CGI arm moving had anything to do with their final choices?

AS was still nominated for best picture, but I think that was a fairly big turd in the punch bowl that had absolutely nothing to do with politics or money.

I haven't seen all the movies, but I don't recall hearing about any glaring issues like AS's fake baby.

If they care so much about equal rights for men and women, why is there a seperate category for men and women actors. Why can't there just be a category for best actor.

Originally posted by Zeek99:

If they care so much about equal rights for men and women, why is there a seperate category for men and women actors. Why can't there just be a category for best actor.
are there more categories for men at the oscars (than women)? seems there is an equal amount, no?

Originally posted by LBoogie28:

are there more categories for men at the oscars (than women)? seems there is an equal amount, no?
Why is there a need for a seperate category for men and women if we are to all be treated the same?

Originally posted by LBoogie28:

Why is there a need for a seperate category for men and women if we are to all be treated the same?
does treated as equals simply mean treated as the same? there is a distinctive difference no? are roles for women the same as roles for men? are they up for the same parts?

are you upset that women have equal amount sports in college? or should they be competing as the "same?"

strawman.jpg
[/URL]

Originally posted by tommynole3476:

You don't think that Eastwood's choice to use a plastic baby with some CGI arm moving had anything to do with their final choices?

AS was still nominated for best picture, but I think that was a fairly big turd in the punch bowl that had absolutely nothing to do with politics or money.

I haven't seen all the movies, but I don't recall hearing about any glaring issues like AS's fake baby.
No, but I do think that was the excuse that they used to justify not giving it the award. Go back at the past "best pictures", huge holes in every none..

And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to:

Highest grossing movies per year:

2014: Transformers: Age of Extinction
2013: Frozen
2012: The Avengers
2011: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
2010: Toy Story 3
2009: Avatar
2008: The Dark Knight
2007: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
2006: Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
2005: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2004: Shrek 2
2003: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
2002: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
2001: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
2000: Mission: Impossible II

Since 2000, Looks like Harry Potter should have won 3 Best Picture Oscars and LOTR/Pirates of the Caribbean should have won 2 each.

Also just in, McDonald's Big Mac has won Zagat's best hamburger every year since its introduction in 1968.

I didn't think it was humorous. I haven't watched any awards show in at least ten years, so I had to rely on news clips online after the fact. Ms. Arquette was obviously being ironic, correct? I mean, after all, it had to be a shock when Jennifer Lawrence discovered she and Amy Adams were getting two points less for their roles in American Hustle than Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper and yet all four were close in "star power". And in Hollywood? I'm shocked, just shocked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT