ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Behind the keyboard, who are you?

BigCleat42

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Aug 4, 2015
Curious as to backgrounds of Warchant’s members. With the amount of anonymity and trolling on here (and the internet in general) these days, I think it would be a nice change of pace for people to share a little bit about who they actually are.. So where are you from? What turned you into a FSU fan? Location? Working? Retired? Hobbies? Other sports teams you follow? I will start with myself..

I am 39 and a fourth generation Tallahassean. Two of my great uncles both played on the first ever FSU football team in 1947. My grandma and several other relatives went to FSU when it was strictly a women’s college. I graduated from Leon high school in 2001 (played defensive end) and FSU with a degree in Communications in 2005. Got my masters in Sports Management from FSU in 2009. Taught football, weightlifting, and aerobic conditioning to undergrads for two years. I have bled Garnet and Gold since the day I was born. Haven’t missed a game since 1987. FSU and college football history is certainly my thing. Also love recruiting. Have been passionately following FSU recruiting since the early 90’s with the Osceola, Forrest Whitaker, Tom Lemming, Parade Magazine, etc. When the internet took off and TV shows like Countdown to Signing Day (newbergs relative Jamie) came around it only amplified my interest.

After high school, I spent over over a decade working in the sports industry. Some of the positions that I held in chronological order go from high school sports editor, undergrad sports radio show host for FSU’s radio station, intern for Doyle Managment (Olympic sports agency), writer and moderator for Warchant.com. I was essentially the recruiting “guru” on here before Chris Nee and Michael Langston who I believe are both terrific at what they do. Followed that by being prep football scout for elite scouting services, and was briefly the managing director of the territory on scout.com. In 2008 I entered into grad school at FSU. During and after that time I was an assistant sports information director at FSU (Bobby’s last few years and Jimbo’s first three). I left Tallahassee and moved to Atlanta where I was briefly a sports radio show co-host on Atlanta clear channel. Decided I had enough of the sports industry merry-go-round in 2014, and now work in sales for a Fortune 500 technology company in Atlanta, GA.

I am a booster, season ticket holder and die hard Nole to the day I die. Married to a beautiful Nole alum and father of an adorable little girl. Don’t have too much free time outside of work and family, but the little time I have is spent posting on here, listening to podcasts (love Joe Rogan) exercise, fishing, and traveling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News