ADVERTISEMENT

our coaching staff 2022

ClintEastwoodNole

All-American
Nov 30, 2021
Nobody knows what is going to happen in the next few months, but it appears
1. we possibly have one opening Dugans WR slot and
2. we just filled the OC slot and the QB spot and both appear to be really good choices. Atkins is significant step down from Dilly but with thomsen norvell and Tony Tokarz helping atkins it all looks good. a team effort from a good team. My only concern is recruiting and we lost dilly (who was relentless) and gained Tony Tokarz who was a recruiting coordinator and we just do not know how effective he will be at this time.

Love Norvel and his hires
his track record is is elite on hiring on assistants given the $$ he has
great staff at memphis and great staff at P5 fsu. I really like all his hires at fsu except 2 coaches and they are not his fault. This is his strength.
1. dugans - Norvell was told to keep dugans and odell
2. fuller - and if you remember he was the last hire .. it took forever to get the DC . - I trust norvell to hire a DC .. he made like 5 or more offers and nobody was taking the job for the money fsu/norvell offered .. can you imagine if we had paid another 500,000 and got Jim Leonhard defensive coordinator of the Wisconsin Badgers or one of norvells first offes .. wow .. but we did not have crazy money to buy someone like that . but i think all of his top choices were elite.

summary
1. i like the replacement of dillly if Tony Tokarz can recruit and
2. who ever replaces dugans is a HUGE hire. Does not matter if he is a WR coach or the move YAK and it is a RB coach but whoever it is this is a Huge HIRE for norvell
3. Thomsen - has a huge role helping Norvell. can he do this as a senior staff? Does he need to be a Coach? specially if he is also coaching OTs to help Atkins .. maybe the TE slot becomes open but Thomsen is needed in some role for sure. your TE coach is frequently your least skilled low IQ coach that is a recruiting machine .. that is not what we used the spot for .. if the opportunity arises do we move Thomsen to admin staff?
4. does fsu support Norvell with a major spash recruiting hire. say $800k for a simple RB coach like JJ Seider

THOUGHTS FROM THE BOARD NOT THE HATERS :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Smileynole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News