ADVERTISEMENT

Our media SUCKS!!!!

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
From watching 1 sided coverage of events while ignoring the other, telling half the story, never retracting when proven wrong, I swear I think our current media will rival anything the propaganda machines of Russia, China, N. Korea or any other country. BUT the thing that is way over the top just occurred IMO!! While watching the weather channel to see how much longer we are going to be impacted by Sally they were broadcasting damage from Pensacola Fl. In the middle of all the damage and flooding reporting they showed a picture of the 3 mile bridge which connects P'cola and Gulfbreeze with a section missing out of the middle of it. Without saying a word one could easily think it was a result of this "incredible destructive storm" (their words not mine). Never bothering to mention it was hit by a heavily loaded barge yesterday.

A Hotel GM friend in Charleston, SC likes to tell the story of the time Jim Cantore brought huge industrial sized fans with his crew setup to simulate wind for his on location storm broadcasts.
I learned a long time ago to do my own due diligence because we are being fed from all sides.

A Hotel GM friend in Charleston, SC likes to tell the story of the time Jim Cantore brought huge industrial sized fans with his crew setup to simulate wind for his on location storm broadcasts.
I learned a long time ago to do my own due diligence because we are being fed from all sides.
I’m a French model!

Reactions: ChiefWB
2i4pfx.gif

Same where a reporter is on their knees in water to make it look deep, as people walk by in ankle-ish deep water

Kinda like Cantore standing in a very low area with water above his knees and when the camera panned around there was high and dry ground 30' from him. They over play things so much that when I truly dangerous storm is approaching folks have a tendency to disregard their hysteria.

They over play things so much that when I truly dangerous storm is approaching folks have a tendency to disregard their hysteria.
evident on TV but they get their dramatic shots for social media where they can really churn a narrative then go run for cover behind their regular, regulated, media walled gardens.

I had heard that the Pcola bay bridge had been knocked out, but just learned it was from a barge. smh.

I had heard that the Pcola bay bridge had been knocked out, but just learned it was from a barge. smh.

Hey stranger, haven't seen you around in a while. Was not sure if it has been a case of me not on as often or you not here as much.
A lot of folks were thinking it was the I-10 bridge, but it was the very new 3 mile bridge from Gulfbreeze into P'cola on hwy 98.

Reactions: Bartdog
Hey stranger, haven't seen you around in a while. Was not sure if it has been a case of me not on as often or you not here as much.
A lot of folks were thinking it was the I-10 bridge, but it was the very new 3 mile bridge from Gulfbreeze into P'cola on hwy 98.
yeah I just found that out yesterday that it was the gulf breeze bridge. Didn't that one get knocked out in ~ 1989-1990? I seem to remember hearing of people paying to rid ferries.

I think you are right about the bridge knocked out back then.
Was not the barge blown lose into the bridge by the storm?
Was not the barge blown lose into the bridge by the storm?
Yes it was. My point was the WC lead you to believe the winds and water knocked it out. On a later broadcast they even said the high surge and winds knocked it out.
Really the coverage actually got funny as the day went on. One on the scene reporter was interviewing a local business man and asked him if he had every witnessed such flooding and damage as they were seeing. THe business said, yea it was a lot worse in Ivan. THe reporter kept trying to convince him how bad it was, it was historic flooding and the man kept saying yeah it is bad but Ivan was far worse. They also showed Cantore standing in water just above his knees talking about how everything was flooded. THe cameraman panned around and there was a high and dry sidewalk and side street not 30' from him.

Reactions: GbrNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT