ADVERTISEMENT

Pac Sun marketing idiots

West Duval Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Dec 16, 2013
Jacksonville, FL
Pacific Sun retailers decide to release a T Shirt with an upside down American Flag today.

How do some of these people that approve this crap have jobs?

On memorial day of all days. Idiots!

They couldn't wait one damn day

I read the article, and there is no excuse for being this stupid.
When I saw on FB I thought it was a rumor or hoax thinking no one would be that stupid. Then i searched and saw so many legit articles.

Ok. Finally saw on Snopes: While this is a real shirt that is currently being sold by PacSun, it is not a new design and it was not created specifically for Memorial Day.

The item was created for the A$ap Worldwide collection, a collaboration between musician A$ap Rocky and PacSun, and has been available since the summer of 2014.

But the morons at some stores chose to put it front and center on a mannequin display.

An upside down flag represents distress. A$AP Rocky has an album cover with an upside down flag, representing a "war to be heard."

Not sure why people assume it's automatically meant to be disrespectful to the country or those who fight for it.

An upside down flag represents distress. A$AP Rocky has an album cover with an upside down flag, representing a "war to be heard."

Not sure why people assume it's automatically meant to be disrespectful to the country or those who fight for it.

Choosing this to display on Memorial Day is bad judgment as they are not in distress. So while I personally didn't serve, there are many that have, did and do that do think this is disrespectful. And they will feel some backlash for it.

Choosing this to display on Memorial Day is bad judgment as they are not in distress. So while I personally didn't serve, there are many that have, did and do that do think this is disrespectful. And they will feel some backlash for it.

Eh, if anything this was an example of great PR. Easy deniability once the furor blows over in that it wasn't designed for MD just displayed then and controversial enough it was all over the news. I didn't even know Pac Sun was still around as I give two %*%* about fashion and haven't shopped in a physical indoor mall in years. But now I've been reminded they're still a thing.

Reactions: ReliableOstrich

Glad someone considered the context or facts before deciding to flip out.

Reactions: lurker2001

The distress of their (A$AP's) cause just magically stopped today?

It's a cause he feels passionate about. It's a symbol chosen for its literal meaning. Its intention is not one of disrespect.

People cry about having to be PC but now A$AP has to be concerned whose feelings he hurt by using a known symbol for distress to represent distress?

Is this real life?

The distress of their (A$AP's) cause just magically stopped today?

It's a cause he feels passionate about. It's a symbol chosen for its literal meaning. Its intention is not one of disrespect.

People cry about having to be PC but now A$AP has to be concerned whose feelings he hurt by using a known symbol for distress to represent distress?

Is this real life?

It's real life that some people take it as a sign of disrespect even if you don't.

We shall see how much backlash they receive from it if any.

Reactions: MathisJones
It's real life that some people take it as a sign of disrespect even if you don't.

We shall see how much backlash they receive from it if any.

I just find it ironic that those who usually complain about the PC-ification of this country are the ones who find offense in something like this.

Thanks for the logical and unemotional response. (Not sarcastic, I appreciate it)

Except u don't see anyone crying that it should be banned or outlawed. That is where the PC crowd goes too far.

My comment was solely due related to the timing. They have every right to print their shirts however they want...u just thought it was poor timing on their part

Eh, if anything this was an example of great PR. Easy deniability once the furor blows over in that it wasn't designed for MD just displayed then and controversial enough it was all over the news. I didn't even know Pac Sun was still around as I give two %*%* about fashion and haven't shopped in a physical indoor mall in years. But now I've been reminded they're still a thing.
You cared enough to post in this thread about it.

Except u don't see anyone crying that it should be banned or outlawed. That is where the PC crowd goes too far.

My comment was solely due related to the timing. They have every right to print their shirts however they want...u just thought it was poor timing on their part

Not specific to this, but while most of them may not cry for things to be banned, I see plenty of threats of physical violence towards those they disagree with. Mainly "do that in front of me" and "I'll knock your ass out" type of Internet talk.

Sir, you're fixin' to trampled by the angst parade. I suggest you step aside with your duly researched and considered opinion before anyone gets hurt here...

Reactions: MathisJones
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT