ADVERTISEMENT

Packer and Durham this morning

BRKRL5

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2014
Pensacola, FL
Hour 2 starts off with Packer (a Clemson alum) giving Andrea Adelson some what for about being a gator (and Staples) and wearing a visor at a FSU spring game.

He, obviously, as I did, listened to Staples’ pod where he and Adelson talk about their plans. She plans to wear a visor and toss it in the Spurrier fashion (literally).About gator plays they can run, etc.

Packer gets it. I’m puzzled why those entrusted with protecting our school and its traditions are seemingly silent about it.

Neither she nor Staples hides their gatorness as she says she asked Coach Norvell about this and he replied something like, “We won’t tell anybody” while laughing or whatever. She was the sports editor at the gator paper. We won’t notice??

I’m thinking he’s the one who doesn’t understand rivalries. Real ones. Can you imagine Alabama/Auburn doing this? Michigan/Ohio State?

I’m guessing he’s thinking (hoping) to push the McKenzie Milton narrative. I’m also thinking he doesn’t get that this school and its traditions don’t need these manipulations. And he could have gotten the story without honoring her on the field.

I think this is a misstep, an unnecessary one, an unforced error.

Hoping Ira or Corey will do a story (I’m sure they will) covering some of this. I’d like to know more about what Coach Norvell knows about this rivalry. I’m guessing not much.

Going to listen to Coach Norvell’s interview from yesterday on P&D to see if there is anything there. (Does he think not drinking gatorade is...just an accident?)

Ok...small humor (all mine)... Coach Norvell wants to put the players in uncomfortable situations. Check.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News