ADVERTISEMENT

Patriots release Cam Newton, rookie Mac Jones now slated to start Week 1

Wow, kind of shocking. Didn't hear too much about any Cam shenanigans during last season, actually he was doing well until he got c19.

His Body is Shot. He can't use that frame to Bullrush a pile for 1st downs anymore and he can't push the Ball down field accurately anymore. It was painful to watch him throw those Ducks in NE last year

Ill be honest, I watched him in a Spring Game when he was at UF and questioned could he even play football, much less QB. When he got kicked out of there I figured they didn't miss much. Then his 1 year at Auburn I was glad that he did buy that stolen Laptop. He performed better then people thought at the Pro Level. Won an MVP and lead a team yo a Super Bowl. Admirable Career but im afraid it's now at a Dead end. But you can't play Football forever

Cam will likely be picked up by another team. Odd NE didn’t try to trade him for some draft picks
yes really odd ? he had a good preseason .. could he not be the starter for the eagles and more teams

guess it is smart move going thru the cuts .. gotta be more to this

Reactions: NoleLizards
Wow, kind of shocking. Didn't hear too much about any Cam shenanigans during last season, actually he was doing well until he got c19.
kind of crazy .. COVID got him ,, he was clearly in the lead before he missed a week
then he gave the rookie an opening and mac frickin crushed it ..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT